England : Kent Beer and Beach Huts Ride or Weekender July 9th/10th 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does anyone have a GPS track of yesterday's ride that they're happy to share?
Everything after Preston (where we stopped so that I could take on water) was uncharted territory for me.
Looking at OS maps (call me old fashioned) I'm guessing we went through Ash, Woodnesborough, Eastry. Skirting just north of Bettshanger, Northbourne, Great Mongeham and into Deal via Mill Hill???
It'd be nice to know.
TIA
Today, my arms are mostly lobster in colour :sad:
I Strava'ed it and can probably download it... but I forgot to turn it off on the train... so there are an extra 30 miles on there :blush:

I slept rather well last night and ican hear snoring from the other side of the house so we didn't kill off @hopless500 thankfully. I have discovered i managed to catch the sun quite well too.

I am now thinking of new routes for next year along the coast and i very much like the idea of a coastal route @User10571 has in mind starting in Rye.

So many ideas, so little time.
Thoughts! Rye, Camber , Dungeness ,New Romney,Bilsington, Ashford?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I Strava'ed it and can probably download it... but I forgot to turn it off on the train... so there are an extra 30 miles on there :blush:
You can cut them off if you are on a PC.... I'm afraid I have had to do that on quite a few journeys, usually after getting in the car at the end, setting off and realising my phone was in the pannier in the boot!

OP
OP
Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
You can cut them off if you are on a PC.... I'm afraid I have had to do that on quite a few journeys, usually after getting in the car at the end, setting off and realising my phone was in the pannier in the boot!
:laugh:
Please don't ever meet up you too. Heavens knows what would happen.

Sounds good.
Is that train to Rye?
I haven't dug too deep but believe there is a connection from Canterbury West to Rye via Ashford. I think there are reasonable connections from both Rye and Ashford to London.
I was just thinking generally of a route-obviously need a lot more work on the peripheries !

And for another time---
Faversham,Selling,Chilham,Shalmsford Street, Stelling Minnis, Rhodes Minnis, Lyminge,Ealham Valley, Canterbury!

Just a thought!

Top Bottom