Beer Gut!??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes it does, but you must also cut back on the booze. And I mean cut right back.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thanks for the reply! i know, I'v already kicked the cigs, cut down on lager next! :smile:

It's tough to cut back on the old booze, especially when you are trying to lose weight and get fit. And even harder when the weather is sunny and hot.

But if you are serious about losing the weight then you have no option really then to cut right back on the booze. Perhaps have only 1 day/evening when you have a drink.

When you have lost the weight and you are continually cycling burning up calories then you can indulge yourself a little more.

Nearly there

Veteran
I cut down the booze when I started cycling seriously 10 months ago and have lost loads of weight but I still like a drink once a week instead of 4 times a week previously.

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

It's tough to cut back on the old booze, especially when you are trying to lose weight and get fit. And even harder when the weather is sunny and hot.

But if you are serious about losing the weight then you have no option really then to cut right back on the booze. Perhaps have only 1 day/evening when you have a drink.

When you have lost the weight and you are continually cycling burning up calories then you can indulge yourself a little more.
i think i'l ease myslef in slowly! lol :smile:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
To get my calories low enough to lose weight at a good rate its very hard to fit in booze at all without going hungry and on top of that drinking beer seems to make me both hungry and less bothered about avoiding junk food.

Itll be mostly about your diet, the cycling will boost your fitness and tip the calorie balance a little in your favour though :smile:

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

To get my calories low enough to lose weight at a good rate its very hard to fit in booze at all without going hungry and on top of that drinking beer seems to make me both hungry and less bothered about avoiding junk food.

Itll be mostly about your diet, the cycling will boost your fitness and tip the calorie balance a little in your favour though :smile:
i'm quite slim except for the beer gut! so i want to build up leg muscle (so i don't have chicken legs!) aswell! i'v tried running but found it very boring!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Cutting back on booze will really help.

• You will consume less calories (just 4 pints is almost 1000).
  • You will likely eat less junk food. Less chance of rolling home at 11pm, with the munchies and reaching for the Dominos on speed dial!
  • You will have a greater chance of getting up at 7am on a Saturday morning to go for that long ride you had planned, if you are not out on the lash on Friday night.
Win, win & win :smile:

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

Cutting back on booze will really help.

• You will consume less calories (just 4 pints is almost 1000).
  • You will likely eat less junk food. Less chance of rolling home at 11pm, with the munchies and reaching for the Dominos on speed dial!
  • You will have a greater chance of getting up at 7am on a Saturday morning to go for that long ride you had planned, if you are not out on the lash on Friday night.
Win, win & win :smile:

Hopefully! haha. At least then i might look half decent in my Trunks by the pool! (no over hangin Gut!) :thumbsup:

Top Bottom