Beer or lager?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
rich p said:
My first drink of choice in a pub some 38 years ago was barley wine and mild and I could get rat-arsed on less than a quid. Mind you a quid went a bit further in those days.

Jumpers for goal posts, etc etc... :rolleyes:

U

User482

addictfreak said:
I am mainly a cider drinker, Strongbow, Magners and even partial to pear cider.

However I do venture to the dark side now and again, Love Theakstons XB, Black Sheep and Ruddles county

Probably much more besides, but dont want it to look like I have a problem:blush::rolleyes:

Gah, it's hideous stuff. Pear flavouring and alcohol.

Now, perry is a different matter...

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Beer. Every time. (Except on those thankfully rare occasions where the only 'beer' they have is a press-the-button John Smiths or some similar bilge, in which case a good bottled continental lager such as Budvar is definitely a better bet.)

Alan Whicker

[quote name='swee'pea99']Beer. Every time. (Except on those thankfully rare occasions where the only 'beer' they have is a press-the-button John Smiths or some similar bilge, in which case a good bottled continental lager such as Budvar is definitely a better bet.)[/QUOTE]

I just don't understand the appeal of 'smoothflow' beer. They all taste of frozen peas to me. :rolleyes:

Brock

User482 said:
Gah, it's hideous stuff. Pear flavouring and alcohol.

Now, perry is a different matter...

Pear cider is a real drink, it's just an apple cider with pears in. No apples in perry of course.

I went to a cider festival recently, they had 60 or 70 real ciders and perrys, I managed quite a few and had a lovely rabbit stewed in cider.

I noticed this CAMRA list while I was there:

Ciders not recognised as being Real

Below is a list of the most common ciders that CAMRA does not recognise as being real:

Please note that this list is not necessarily complete.

* Addlestones
* Aspall
* Brothers
* Bulmers
* Diamond White
* Dry Blackthorn
* Gaymer's
* Jacques
* K Cider
* Kopparberg
* Magners
* Merrydown
* Samuel Smith's
* Saxon
* Scrumpy Jack
* St Helier
* Stowford Press
* Strongbow
* Taunton
* Thatchers Gold
* Woodpecker

Whether or not you care about what CAMRA says about anything, it's good to understand what you're getting for your money.

Top Bottom