Beer prices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobg

Über Member
Went for a ride in the rain this morning and very unusually (honest) dropped into my local for a swiftie. Pint of Theakstons up 16p to £2. 24. The landlord blamed the brewery who whacked a big chunk on top of the budget 4p ... just wondered how much a decent pint of proper beer was in your neck of the woods. I've not been south of the Watford Gap for ages so I expect I'm in for a ;)

domtyler

Über Member
I work in the City of London, real ale prices tend to be extremely inflated. Although the tipple of choice at the moment tends to be a decent bottle of Cristal.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
£2.80 in the Cleveland in Brighton for a pint of Harveys but I guess it'll go up soon after the budget rise.
AFAIK if the duty goes up 5p then, with a 100% mark-up, the beer goes up by 10p

FatBloke

Über Member
We sell our strong real ales for £2.50, the weak piss Greene King IPA for £2.30.

We've just put 10p on a pint. Most pubs round here put 20p on. :biggrin:

This is in the South East mind! ;)

bianchi1

Guru
£2 for a pint of any guest beer here in the malverns area, in a once CAMRA pub of the year. Would tell you which pub but its a secret!

Renard

domtyler said:
I work in the City of London, real ale prices tend to be extremely inflated. Although the tipple of choice at the moment tends to be a decent bottle of Cristal.

I bought a 6 pack of cristal cru today for the weekend. Cost me £13 but it was recommended to me. Its made with the same yeast they use in their champagne.

Brock

2.20 for a pint of Ruddles in my local, not bad I suppose.
1.70 for a pint of Master Brew in the United Services club though.. burRrRp!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mostly pushing £2.80 or more a pint - the 'cheap' local is about £2.30 I think...been a while that I've been in the pub - had tea and a few beers in the 'cheap' one recently - they'd just dropped the beer prices.

Globalti

Legendary Member
£0.99 a pint for bottled beers in the very excellent Booths supermarkets up here in Lancashire. Otherwise a regular pint of Bowland Bitter or Copper Dragon Golden Pippin in a pub is between £2.00 and £2.20.

Joseph Holts bitter from Manchester is still only £1.28 a pint - it's strong and VERY bitter though. An acquired taste even by northern standards.

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Apart from a couple od exceptions, I don't feel so hard done by now. Never heard of this Cristal stuff though - must get out more!

There's a lot of pubs in the centre of Liverpool that pre budget were still charging £1 a pint but most of the customers are sans teeth and the public bar smells a bit of pee. I've amused myself hugely by taking visiting southern work colleagues to same.:biggrin:

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Rigid Raider said:
Joseph Holts bitter from Manchester is still only £1.28 a pint - it's strong and VERY bitter though. An acquired taste even by northern standards.

Note to self ...Mmm I'm in Manchester next week ...

simonali

Guru
bobg said:
I've amused myself hugely by taking visiting southern work colleagues to same.:biggrin:

We (southerners) all think Liverpool's a big shithole, so why strengthen that belief?!

Top Bottom