Beer prices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
simonali said:
We (southerners) all think Liverpool's a big shithole, so why strengthen that belief?!

It has a few dodgy pubs I admit but it's a big old city and I expect there's similar everywhere. I could certainly take you some pretty disreputable pubs in East London. I'm amused that you speak for "all Southerners ":smile:

Zoom

Über Member
£1.89 out of London £2.39 in London for Wetherspoons guest ales is my limit, occasionally I'll push the boat out for Harveys at £2.60-2.80

Lager is between £3 and £4 depending on how much it's advertised; it's all the same stuff from Tyneside Wales or Edinburgh anyway

bobg said:
It has a few dodgy pubs I admit but it's a big old city and I expect there's similar everywhere. I could certainly take you some pretty disreputable pubs in East London. I'm amused that you speak for "all Southerners ":smile:

What's the Took in the Isle of Dogs like now? I used to live in the council flats in Tiller Road just round the corner.

Abitrary

I think some breweries / pubs put prices up quite a lot about a month before the budget anticipating a big hike.

Not sure why, but I'm sure it was for a very clever reason.

bobg said:

It's true. He is the Official Spokesperson for The South.

To stay on topic, our local Sammy Smiths pub has put the price of it's meths and catpiss Alpine Brew up by 18p "to keep the numbers round so we don't run out of change".

Renard

Patrick Stevens said:
What's the Took in the Isle of Dogs like now? I used to live in the council flats in Tiller Road just round the corner.

Hee hee Patrick tries to establish some working class roots xx(

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My local fullers pub, The White Lion, sells ESB for £2.60, Pride for £2.45 and Chiswick for £ 2.20. So far there has been no price rise. A pub down the road, The Mitre, sells Adnams for £2.25 and guest beers for £2.55.

stevenb

Glad I don't drink or smoke.......
I used to buy beers for home...rather than go to the pub.
I do recall walking along the Southend promenade in my younger days where you'd see signs outside the clubs showing 99p per pint.....

Top Bottom