Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Friday night is usually dry with a swimming session down the pool. However, low chlorine levels mean so swimming. I have settled for an extra beer instead!

Back north of the border. This is a new one to me from the Colonsay Brewery. The sammlest island in the world with a brewery. The lady in the shop said that 10 whole percent of the island's population work in the brewery. That'll be two then!

Long may they work there for this is a very fine brew. Dark with hints of peat (yes) and salt, (I'll take your word on that).

9 out of 10. Look for a bottle now!

View attachment 335181
Breaking for the border next month (highlands) so will search it out

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Pub for me, as a well respected colleague retires today.

I had a Frontier (Fullers, 4.5% abv). Not well liked on Ratebeer, but I enjoyed this one. Mostly orangey hops, and a well judged, light-ish lager. The more Fullers I drink, the more I think that they really know what they're doing.

Also Yakima Red (Meantime, 4.1%). One of those quite hoppy amber beers they have nowadays. Didn't really make a big impression on me - a bit of caramel, a fair bit of grapefruit. I liked the Fullers better, I think.

I'm all for this try before you buy business; I remember when any publican would have laughed you out of the tap room at the very idea of having a little taster but sat in Café Beermoth I have worked out why the beer is so farking expensive - they're giving about a third of it away! A constant stream of indecisive pretty little rich kids trying, oh, maybe four beers before settling on a third pint of whatevers cheapest.

Live and learn Mossy. Live and learn.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Never had this one before. Toffee flavours from the first taste
IMG_0005.JPG

martint235

Dog on a bike
I am guessing that that is the normal @Martin235 POV.
Well it's difficult to get an eye level view. Onto SN1698 now

I had been planning on having no alcohol tonight, and focus my attentions on completing a job application. On logging into the application site I found that all my details had been saved from a previous application, including all previous jobs and qualifications/training.

Which now means I have a spare few hours, so I'll probably go and get blootered.

The nobbers consequences of beer thread is >
It was all worthwhile, a very nice meal and some decent beer at a local-ish hotel with some colleagues who were excellent company and we laughed heartily throughout. On returning to the village the one remaining colleague managed to persuade me* to have a few more beers in the local pub, where we met up with a few others I know from playing football and we had more laughs and managed to join in with the last rounds of the pub quiz.

Today's consequences were minor. But didn't stop me from mentioning it anyway.

* he asked "you fancy a few more?"

Top Bottom