Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
There's something deliciously unacceptable about being in a city centre boozer an a Saturday afternoon
The City Arms in Manchester is just such a place. The only food were pies (Titterington's...delish...I had two) and pickled eggs. Several old soaks nursing lonely pints just added to the ambience
I wouldn't call it dingy...but they get the lighting just right..so you exit blinking into the daylight, even on an overcast October day

*cough* mossy...

Exactly, Sunday for mossy not Saturday.

There's something deliciously unacceptable about being in a city centre boozer an a Saturday afternoon

The City Arms in Manchester is just such a place. The only food were pies (Titterington's...delish...I had two) and pickled eggs. Several old soaks nursing lonely pints just added to the ambience

We had about 4 pints. Titanic Plum Porter was probably the best

View attachment 379851

I wouldn't call it dingy...but they get the lighting just right..so you exit blinking into the daylight, even on an overcast October day
Nicky, the pictures you paint!

This old soak wouldn't be seen dead in there

Better than last time when one of the kids broke their arm.

I don't need to supervise my son any more. Be careful where it 'leads' though (that was a climbing pun in case you missed it).

upload_2017-10-22_19-1-6.png

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
IMG_20171022_183011242.jpg

Schlenk smoked Weissbier. Oo-er. Rather good - lightly fragrant wood fire rather than the full-on bonfire if the usual Schlenk.

Top Bottom