Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Porangi NZ Pale (Offbeat Brewery, 5.1%)
IMG_20171023_203021.jpg

Probably the locallest beer I bought at this year's Nantwich Food Festival, bought from the head brewer herself.

This is a new one in their roster, and it's very good. There's a lot of grapefruit citrus in the taste, and that's all I got at first. Behind that though is a pleasant, peppery spiciness (would that be from the yeast?) and also a sort of creamy vanilla-ness. Not one for people who dislike a big hop hit, but it's certainly not one dimensional either, great stuff.

EDIT: Mrs M says: "Very nice".

Last edited:
Porangi NZ Pale (Offbeat Brewery, 5.1%)
View attachment 380027
Probably the locallest beer I bought at this year's Nantwich Food Festival, bought from the head brewer herself.

This is a new one in their roster, and it's very good. There's a lot of grapefruit citrus in the taste, and that's all I got at first. Behind that though is a pleasant, peppery spiciness (would that be from the yeast?) and also a sort of creamy vanilla-ness. Not one for people who dislike a big hop hit, but it's certainly not one dimensional either, great stuff.
Horse, monkey, cat, rat, goose...the menagerie thread is------>----->

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Christ beer on page 2 again peeps!

Couple of days leave, big Duv to kick it off!

View attachment 380242
I'm drinking the three hop duval curently but didn't want to make too much of it (as it cost a whole 17p...!)
Tried it against the Pirat Three hop yesterday... the Duval has a grape musk smell and taste in comparison and personally preferred the Pirat, although both are rather good.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
It's going to get interesting.

View attachment 380245

The rum and raisin, and the chocolate and raspberry first I think. I'll save the chilli until later.
Agree... no.6 may just kill the taste buds! Blue bee sounds great. I miss going to the pub :sad: (bloody kids)

Reactions: TVC

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I did eventually get to the craft beer gaff in Siena last week, when it was open.
I was the only customer at 6pm so it was a bit soulless that early, but needs must.
They had a selection of their own brews of which I tried two. The PIA was the pick. Strong flavoured, citrus and musty.
The furniture looked like a kids nursery.

20171021_183302.jpg

20171021_185737.jpg

20171021_183527.jpg

Top Bottom