Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
It's going to get interesting.

View attachment 380245

The rum and raisin, and the chocolate and raspberry first I think. I'll save the chilli until later.
5 & 15 are both very nice, iirc. The only Blue Monkey beers I've had are "BG Sips" and "Ape Ale", but both of those were good 'uns.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Christ beer on page 2 again peeps!

Couple of days leave, big Duv to kick it off!

View attachment 380242
Soz. Posting backlog rather than drinking failure..

20171022_162151.jpg

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I did try to get some but the new suppliers I appointed let me down.
:ohmy:

It's luvverly. Mine was a bit more than 17p, sadly.

The DIPA is the tipple as I write. It's excellent, but I don't know as I could tell it from a dozen other decent DIPAs, and I can't really pick out the Citra with all the other big-hitting hops going on. The Body Riddle is a winner - a zingy quaffable nicely balanced easy-going thing. VoG's Dark Matter is more licorice than blackcurrant, with a nice dry finish - lovely. The Gaucho has Yerba Mate in it - unlike the grains-of-paradise thingy from the same brewer, the additions are slightly understated, but I'd give it another go. I'm a huge fan of the Hitachino Nest Ginger Beer, although there may not be much to it apart from the brilliant label, the Marmion-friendly owl cap and the fact that it tastes like I always hope ginger beer will taste and almost never does - of actual beer with a big fresh gingery slap, rather than like a soft drink with suggestion of beeriness. Sugar Rush is, as you might expect, way too much. I shan't be invoking the Trade Descriptions Act. The pineapple sour is pineappley and sour, so I like it - I'm sophisticated like that.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
:ohmy:

It's luvverly. Mine was a bit more than 17p, sadly.

The DIPA is the tipple as I write. It's excellent, but I don't know as I could tell it from a dozen other decent DIPAs, and I can't really pick out the Citra with all the other big-hitting hops going on. The Body Riddle is a winner - a zingy quaffable nicely balanced easy-going thing. VoG's Dark Matter is more licorice than blackcurrant, with a nice dry finish - lovely. The Gaucho has Yerba Mate in it - unlike the grains-of-paradise thingy from the same brewer, the additions are slightly understated, but I'd give it another go. I'm a huge fan of the Hitachino Nest Ginger Beer, although there may not be much to it apart from the brilliant label, the Marmion-friendly owl cap and the fact that it tastes like I always hope ginger beer will taste and almost never does - of actual beer with a big fresh gingery slap, rather than like a soft drink with suggestion of beeriness. Sugar Rush is, as you might expect, way too much. I shan't be invoking the Trade Descriptions Act. The pineapple sour is pineappley and sour, so I like it - I'm sophisticated like that.

Sheer poetry...

sorry, bloody autocorrect

Shite poetry...:smooch:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It doesn't even rhyme..............

p.s. I forgot to take a photo of any the 4 pints of Burning Sky Plateau I just had.
Unadventurous but tasty and comforting.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Top Bottom