Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Double dang!! Proper grown up beer.

58A6B7D4-D1CD-43A3-B6AA-2B6B6031D66F.jpeg

theclaud

Openly Marxist
And this afternoon, time for the powerplay

View attachment 410027

High score IPL. The front end of a light IPA and the back end of a lager.
Eeek. Your account has been hacked by @deptfordmarmoset!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Unusually for these craft places, where almost everything on tap is out of Keykegs, I noticed a Cask Hop Stuff El Dorado. So I had one. I spent the whole pint trying to name its very familiar aroma in the mouth that disappeared immediately I swallowed because of the fairly intense bitterness. I couldn't place it, and somewhere between lychee and kiwi fruit is the nearest I could get. Intriguing but baffling. I'll probably suddenly wake in the middle of the night with the damn fruit's name.

Went on to a Brick DIPA. Clocked at 8.7% in a pedestrian zone, I thought it was going to be an interesting encounter. Very intense tropical fruit salad in a bitter fruit bowl. And instead of it being pale, as the P in IPA would suggest, it was almost ruby and straying into barley wine territory.

1 2/3

MarkF

Guru
Skipton getting pricy for a day out.............. 2 pints of Moretti £9.40 in The Castle pub yesterday, 20p less than I usually pay for 2 Peronis in Leeds.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
My "local" is now 200 miles from home. Draft House, Seething Lane, Tower Bridge

I hate cucumbers with a vengeance. The only vegetable (fruit?) I can't abide. So the chance to try a Cucumelon Sour from Adnams was too much to resist. Would it still taste of the worst vegetable (fruit?) on the planet or would it somehow transmogrify into a delicious beer?

It still tasted of cucumber. Meh

IMG_20180521_175614.jpg

My "local" is now 200 miles from home. Draft House, Seething Lane, Tower Bridge

I hate cucumbers with a vengeance. The only vegetable (fruit?) I can't abide. So the chance to try a Cucumelon Sour from Adnams was too much to resist. Would it still taste of the worst vegetable (fruit?) on the planet or would it somehow transmogrify into a delicious beer?

It still tasted of cucumber. Meh

View attachment 410404
Never had a cucumber beer that was worth the malt

Last edited:
Top Bottom