Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.

Definitely, over 200 years of tradition sold out to yet another large conglomerate for the sake of profit.
I hope they don't close the Griffin Brewery and brew elsewhere.

I hope they don't close the Griffin Brewery
Chief exec of Fuller's said "This deal secures the future of both parts of our business including protecting the heritage of the Griffin Brewery in Chiswick, which was particularly important to the Fuller’s Board."
We shall see.
As Fullers the Publican/Hotelier will be buying beer (at preferential rates) from Fullers the Brewer, it is unlikely, certainly in the short term. Altho I am not familiar with Asahi's UK operations.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Chief exec of Fuller's said "This deal secures the future of both parts of our business including protecting the heritage of the Griffin Brewery in Chiswick, which was particularly important to the Fuller’s Board."
We shall see.
As Fullers the Publican/Hotelier will be buying beer (at preferential rates) from Fullers the Brewer, it is unlikely, certainly in the short term. Altho I am not familiar with Asahi's UK operations.
Sounds similar to Kraft taking over Cadbury. We won't close this that and the other or change the ingredients...

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I think you'll find @threebikesmcginty to be a man of all together higher principles

Indeed, I'd have held out for £300m.

Fuller's have some great beers, 1845 is a fave. Gales HSB is a fine bitter too. Hope it doesn't get freaked up. Shows what happens if you put a non family person in charge of a family business.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Kilt Lifter....

IMG_20190125_165317.jpg

Keep your hands off my sporran!

Getting hint of nuts and ginger...

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Kilt Lifter....

View attachment 448915

Keep your hands off my sporran!

Getting hint of nuts and ginger...
'Scottish Style Ale'?

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
https://www.fullers.co.uk/corporate/governance/the-board

The chair is a Turner and there are two Fullers on the Board. Three family members is quite a lot.
And the discerning newspaper reader's Saturday morning read of choice is reporting today that the family still own 50% of the shares and control 75% of the voting rights. A 20% jump in share price on the news suggests that Asahi is paying a very generous price, which might well have swayed them.

Top Bottom