Beer?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Chuffy, 4 May 2008.

1. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

I am sad to say that I gave up beer this year, finally and irrevocably. Unfortunately my genetic predisposition to gout caught up with me, and gout is painful enough that it's worth making some relatively less painful adjustments to avoid flare-ups. The good news is that it appears to be working and since I gave up drinking I have not had another flare-up. But I'm still sad.

2. Daddy Pig

Daddy Pig Über Member

A most excellent dark beer - triple Boch at 10% from a local brewery, direct from their bar shop.

IMG_20190102_191217.jpg

Very sweet, but not cloying. I'd reckon it would be good with a mince pie or two...

threebikesmcginty, DP, rich p and 3 others like this.
  3. Maverick Goose

Maverick Goose A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place

Feast your mince pies on that !:okay:

Daddy Pig likes this.
  4. DP

DP Chasse patate

Train beer. Rode to work today, but couldn’t face riding home. Check out the seatbelt my bike gets.

The beer is outta Bristol from LHG. It’s well worth checking out their brews.

606CEC03-2917-4EFF-8EDD-969021C931CF.jpeg

5. SteveF

SteveF Über Member

Really tasty with a bitter aftertaste, my tastes are definitely changing...

IMG_20190105_192725.jpg

6. deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset Full time tea drinker

I had an LHG beer last night but I was a little too drunk to appreciate it. I'll revisit it when the Taproom is less busy. Meanwhile, I'm having another Orange Juice Blues out of Crafty Devil because I like it, even though it tastes rather like a hopped orange juice.
    IMG_20190105_193718.jpg
    In other news, I had my first ever gruit last night. Aleffissionados will no doubt know that a gruit is a beer brewed without hops but I only learned that last night. Alex of Little Faith explained that to be as he readied the tap for its launch. Lots of foraged herbs and berries plus sage with wild yeast but altogether a bit too sweet for my taste. If I have to drink sweet alcohol, hopped mead seems to suit me better. That said, I've only ever had one hopped mead before...

7. theclaud

theclaud It's teeceegawnmaaaad

I've just been converted to coffee-in-beer-other-than-stout, a category which previously merited the same level of scepticism as Black IPA. Gipsy Hill Percolator. A pint of boozy cold-brew with a clean finish. Hipstertastic! No photo of the beer itself as it looks horrific.

IMG_20190105_225049870.jpg

8. MossCommuter

MossCommuter Guru

Glorious bright beer.

IMG_20190106_170014.jpg

9. DP

DP Chasse patate

Mossy’s back!!

10. deptfordmarmoset

A surfeit of laziness means no Sunday to up the Bermondsey Beer Mile. But a 2 minute walk rewarded me with a Brew York Kylie Gose Lassi, which is a very pleasant dry strawberry sour.
    IMG_20190106_182935.jpg

11. deptfordmarmoset

That Left Handed Giant I couldn't remember the other day was in fact a Midnight Special, which is a cardamom, coffee and coconut milk stout. It tastes more like an oatmeal stout. Very good though.
    IMG_20190106_191116.jpg

12. Daddy Pig

Daddy Pig Über Member

Last beer in Helsinki yesterday evening... At the Teerenpeli micro brewery bar. They have a small operation above where you can watch them make small batches... Probably around a 2 barrel plant (there main brewery is elsewhere).
    IMG_20190105_191956.jpg

Mokka Matti on the right, 7% stout made with coffee beans. Reasonable but not earth shaking. On the left, Talvi Olut which is a plum Porter. Good but not as good as Titanic! Served too cold as well, considering how perishing it was outside...

13. Maverick Goose

Maverick Goose A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place

Hipstertastic...Chapeau! to you Sir:notworthy::bravo:. And speaking of Hipsters, there was a member of staff at Salt Horse in Auld Reekie last Saturday wearing a pastel pink sweater with green trousers (he also had an action movie Science Guy beard).:laugh::reading:

Last edited: 8 Jan 2019
    rich p likes this.
  14. theclaud

Prezzie :smile:. My colleagues are alright.

IMG_20190107_173217720.jpg

15. theclaud

:girl:

Maverick Goose and srw like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice