Beer?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Chuffy, 4 May 2008.

1. deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset Full time tea drinker

Here we are again, a Gipsy Hill Baller in front of me. It's a slightly too bitter for my taste NEIPA. Nice rounded flavour apart from the big bitterness.
    IMG_20190209_200750.jpg

2. nickyboy

nickyboy Norven Mankey

Pretty well every pub/hotel in the cities (Brisbane, Adelaide, Sydney) have a drinkable IPA effort. And there are lots of establishments that put real effort into offering very good Australian brews.

So, in short, easy to find high quality beer in Oz these days. They're particularly good at sours which seem to be so well suited to the hot weather

IMG_20190207_174848.jpg

3. nickyboy

nickyboy Norven Mankey

To continue the discussion on whether Oz has decent beers....I ended up in one of Sydney's equivalents of Royal British Legion (don't ask)

Modus Operandi Brewing Sonic Prayer IPA. 6.1% of bitter loveliness.

IMG_20190210_192153.jpg

4. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

Bus, train, bike?

5. threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty Corn Fed Hick...

Champion, it's what they start the kids on in Scotland before they get into meths and jellies.

_20190210_183923.JPG

Followed by un Kwak grande to give the evening a little continental flavour, parce que je suis sophisticated innit.

_20190210_183942.JPG

6. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Oui...
    ... or wee.

Gun extra pale scaramanga. Nice tasty session craftiness. Plus my latest beau, Tropical Thunder.
    Doing the crossword and getting one down... :rolleyes::rolleyes: IMG-20190210-WA0001.jpeg

7. Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails We remember

I'd likely get stabbed venturing outside Highgate. I've heard that London is not safe

Paulus likes this.
  8. Maverick Goose

Maverick Goose A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place

Totes yumtus for sure!:cheers: Sampled it at Indie Craft Beer in Kendal last month (#Tryanuary:dance:)...thoroughly enjoyed asking for a half of the middle:okay:.

9. deptfordmarmoset

I drank at 'London's first cooperatively owned pub yesterday, the Ivy House, Nunhead, SE15. While getting a round in I had to order a half of Pint. Oi, Marble, Pint is a daft name for a beer!

10. deptfordmarmoset

Seeing as I'm up north, the next few beers may have a North theme. This is a North Riding Tiramisu Porter, and very tasty too!
    IMG_20190211_191348.jpg

11. deptfordmarmoset

Northern Monk "Malt" brut IPA named Whiplash. No car journey should end without one....
    IMG_20190211_201723.jpg

12. deptfordmarmoset

Because I'm up north, I have to be hard. So hard I'm having a cold bath ...
    IMG_20190211_220326.jpg

13. nickyboy

nickyboy Norven Mankey

All Hands Brewing Co. Cream Ale....which to you and me is sorta like a decent bitter very much in the Boddingtons style. Nice and undemanding on a boiling hot day. AUD8 a pint (about £4.50) on happy hour. I've kinda got used to Aussie pricing so that sounds cheap

Brew on the premises and have a decent range and the place is rammed

IMG_20190212_182312.jpg

14. MossCommuter

MossCommuter Guru

"Half a pint" or "a pint"....

...sounds perfectly normal to me.

This is the beer that nearly landed them in court when a (disgruntled) customer reported them to trading-standards because the cans are 500ml

Trading standards said they would not take any action but Marble ought to reconsider the name.

Now if you buy this beer in a can it's called "Metric"; other names were considered:

DWuGaW8WkAYdPrA.jpg

My suggestion was "Five-hundred-five-hundred-and-sixty-eighths-of-a-pint" but that wouldn't fit on the can.

Pintgate:

https://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk...-reported-to-trading-standards-over-pint-cans

https://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk...-Pint-can-trading-standards-debate-rumbles-on

15. Maverick Goose

Maverick Goose A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place

Haha must be the Mancunian sense of humour ...like calling your band The The. My favourite beer name of 2019 so far is Drop Kick Me Jesus from Tempest (they're based in the Scottish Borders near Gala:reading:), a most agreeable sour IPA (or hoppy sour). I suggested them to the guys in Fell Bar Kendal as a brewery they should have on tap more often.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice