Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Champion, it's what they start the kids on in Scotland before they get into meths and jellies.

_20190210_183923.JPG

Followed by un Kwak grande to give the evening a little continental flavour, parce que je suis sophisticated innit.

_20190210_183942.JPG

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Champion, it's what they start the kids on in Scotland before they get into meths and jellies.

View attachment 451764

Followed by un Kwak grande to give the evening a little continental flavour, parce que je suis sophisticated innit.

View attachment 451771
Oui...
... or wee.

Gun extra pale scaramanga. Nice tasty session craftiness. Plus my latest beau, Tropical Thunder.
Doing the crossword and getting one down... :rolleyes::rolleyes:
IMG-20190210-WA0001.jpeg

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
All Hands Brewing Co. Cream Ale....which to you and me is sorta like a decent bitter very much in the Boddingtons style. Nice and undemanding on a boiling hot day. AUD8 a pint (about £4.50) on happy hour. I've kinda got used to Aussie pricing so that sounds cheap

Brew on the premises and have a decent range and the place is rammed

IMG_20190212_182312.jpg

I drank at 'London's first cooperatively owned pub yesterday, the Ivy House, Nunhead, SE15. While getting a round in I had to order a half of Pint. Oi, Marble, Pint is a daft name for a beer!
"Half a pint" or "a pint"....

...sounds perfectly normal to me.

This is the beer that nearly landed them in court when a (disgruntled) customer reported them to trading-standards because the cans are 500ml

Trading standards said they would not take any action but Marble ought to reconsider the name.

Now if you buy this beer in a can it's called "Metric"; other names were considered:

DWuGaW8WkAYdPrA.jpg

My suggestion was "Five-hundred-five-hundred-and-sixty-eighths-of-a-pint" but that wouldn't fit on the can.

Pintgate:

https://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk...-reported-to-trading-standards-over-pint-cans

https://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk...-Pint-can-trading-standards-debate-rumbles-on

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
I drank at 'London's first cooperatively owned pub yesterday, the Ivy House, Nunhead, SE15. While getting a round in I had to order a half of Pint. Oi, Marble, Pint is a daft name for a beer!
Haha must be the Mancunian sense of humour ...like calling your band The The. My favourite beer name of 2019 so far is Drop Kick Me Jesus from Tempest (they're based in the Scottish Borders near Gala:reading:), a most agreeable sour IPA (or hoppy sour). I suggested them to the guys in Fell Bar Kendal as a brewery they should have on tap more often.

Top Bottom