Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Outta the New Forest. Odd ashy finish, but very decent nevertheless. Check out the frame pump!

C23E35AA-D797-4B30-B082-C83B6832B6D1.jpeg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Outta the New Forest. Odd ashy finish, but very decent nevertheless. Check out the frame pump!

View attachment 454046
I've had a couple of Vibrant Forests, including a Citra IPA (not the DIPA) and both were good. If you ever come across their Pupa, I'd recommend it.

Is that can especially small or is that pump exceptionally big?

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
I've had a couple of Vibrant Forests, including a Citra IPA (not the DIPA) and both were good. If you ever come across their Pupa, I'd recommend it.

Is that can especially small or is that pump exceptionally big?
Likewise-they've made it as far as the Fell Bar in Penrith (IIRC I've also seen them at Tweedies in Grasmere). I've been sampling some Croatian beer recently (at 6 Degrees in Embra last week)-Medvegrad Crni Jack, which sounds like the latest arrival at Tynecastle or Easter Road but is actually a most agreeable black IPA. They always have some interesting beers there, including the Partizan/6 Dergrees A La Ronde Super Saison (8.7%, so I just had a half as I had more beers I wanted to sample :cheers:), one of the best saisons I've had recently . It was also great to see Orkney Brewery Dark Island on tap at the Guildford Arms, just across the road from Waverley station. It's a cracking classic dark beer, though this is the first time I can remember seeing it on draft. Churs!:okay::okay:

Last edited:
We had a beer sampling last night courtesy of the proprietor of my local who'd just come back from Craft Beer Rising in that London. CBR was a bit underwhelming but the beer sampling was a lot of fun and got a bit silly :blush:

View attachment 454614
The full line up and the winners:

lLyDxjjhdWG0gflem9BYIHrJsJ4HC32o9M8CxtE8jDF4e6QbvZncVAr5RoVdMM6TmeIWn6IDolloYpBfWQ=w1842-h558-no.jpg

BNvvHudhSi620XyPJHszVU2v3vsFZREp0x5UljGX5Xd37CUElBxDFMKTQ3bLxWHHRKKY4SyIZb2TLJgLi=w1463-h1097-no.jpg

Steam Machine's saison* beer was a revelation and the two Deya's were both taken to be Cloudwater (it was a blind sampling session).

*EDIT: brut IPA actually

Last edited:
Top Bottom