Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Why do brewers keep on trying to make fruited saison beer? They never cease to disappoint.

Last night we had a tap takeover by Partisan from that London; they sent Dee who was lovely and paired cheese to the beers.

The one beer I was looking forward to most was Peach Iced Tea Saison ; nice saison but where's the peach? I asked Dee how happy they were with how the fruit had come through and she rattled on about how it was white peaches, not sweet juicy peaches, and it was brewed in collaboration with Masterchef winner, Tim Anderson, and basically I ought to consider shutting up because, like, y'know Tim Anderson... White peaches. Well I say I don't like the Emperor's new clothes.

Sorry, Dee, I didn't mean to offend but you're no Burning Sky and that bloke off the telly, he knows nothing about beer. Or peaches.

Aaaaannnnnd, relax
On the plus side, one of the guys at Partizan has a very nice looking Pearson single speed.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Ok, new local just served me a rather tangy The Kernel Saison and a cask Siren Broken Dream. If anybody comes across a cask Broken Dream try it! It's excellentiest.
IMG_20190406_190853.jpg
IMG_20190406_193747.jpg

trivia addendum - Broken Dream was awarded CAMRA Champion beer of 2018.

Last edited:
Sunset Aggro beer.

In the current spoons beer fest - in your local one possibly until tomorrow if you are very lucky.

Brazilian.

5.8 per cent - american IPA type.

By some spooky wonderfulness that can only happen in the best of spoons I ended up at the bar next to a Brazilian and was able to recommend it to him.

Now we're talking

IMG_20190407_151614.jpg

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Ok, new local just served me a rather tangy The Kernel Saison and a cask Siren Broken Dream. If anybody comes across a cask Broken Dream try it! It's excellentiest. View attachment 461151 View attachment 461152

trivia addendum - Broken Dream was awarded CAMRA Champion beer of 2018.
Broken Dream is one of my favourites:addict:! The Fierce VBM didn't disappoint at all and wears its 12% pretty lightly...another crazy beer from North of The Wall. Cross Borders' 80 Shilling is a much more sessionable 4% ish and a classic Heavy; youse couldnae put a bawhair between it and the Stewart 80 Shilling brewed just up the road in Loanhead.:cheers:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Broken Dream is one of my favouritesm.:cheers:
The bottled stuff is very good, so is the keg, cask though is on a different level.

Meanwhile, having a little sampling evening...
Here's a Burnt Mill Pintle. A decent, fairly bitter pale ale. I'd have another if I wasn't sampling...
IMG_20190408_202300.jpg

A Pomona Island Bonbonbonbons (this is not a typo!)
IMG_20190408_202300.jpg

And a rather luscious Guava Have Faith out of Northern Monk.
IMG_20190408_202300.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190408_210028.jpg
    IMG_20190408_210028.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20190408_213148.jpg
    IMG_20190408_213148.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Top Bottom