Beer?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Chuffy, 4 May 2008.

1. DP

DP Chasse patate

Double IPA from Trillium. I was a bit disappointed to begin with, but it has a minty, dill thing which is growing on me.

Vittoria cycling outside - I'm in Gent which is procycling central this week.

5CCA6C1F-D307-4B74-BE3C-AD495B91025F.jpeg 5CCA6C1F-D307-4B74-BE3C-AD495B91025F.jpeg

2. albal

albal Veteran

Dark star Revelation IPA 5.7% 65 IBU. Quite popular according to the barman. Just the one is enough tho.

Attached Files:

3. MossCommuter

MossCommuter Guru

Why do brewers keep on trying to make fruited saison beer? They never cease to disappoint.

Last night we had a tap takeover by Partisan from that London; they sent Dee who was lovely and paired cheese to the beers.

The one beer I was looking forward to most was Peach Iced Tea Saison ; nice saison but where's the peach? I asked Dee how happy they were with how the fruit had come through and she rattled on about how it was white peaches, not sweet juicy peaches, and it was brewed in collaboration with Masterchef winner, Tim Anderson, and basically I ought to consider shutting up because, like, y'know Tim Anderson... White peaches. Well I say I don't like the Emperor's new clothes.

Sorry, Dee, I didn't mean to offend but you're no Burning Sky and that bloke off the telly, he knows nothing about beer. Or peaches.

Aaaaannnnnd, relax

rich p, DP, theclaud and 3 others like this.
  4. Maverick Goose

Maverick Goose A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place

Burning Sky definitely do the best Saisons, that's for sure. Cross Borders' Hedgerow Saison was pretty good though and had a nice floral note from the Honeysuckle (incidentally Mark Tranter from Burning Sky started out at Dark Star). I've also got an 80 Shilling (traditional Scottish dark beer) from Cross Borders which I'm really looking forward to trying...part of my latest haul from Valhalla's Goat in Glasgow. I also have a Fierce Mocha Very Big Moose (12% Porter:crazy::training:) ; I've had VBM before on draft so this should be a stoater!:addict:

theclaud, Daddy Pig and MossCommuter like this.
  5. deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset Full time tea drinker

On the plus side, one of the guys at Partizan has a very nice looking Pearson single speed.

6. deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset Full time tea drinker

Ok, new local just served me a rather tangy The Kernel Saison and a cask Siren Broken Dream. If anybody comes across a cask Broken Dream try it! It's excellentiest. IMG_20190406_190853.jpg IMG_20190406_193747.jpg

trivia addendum - Broken Dream was awarded CAMRA Champion beer of 2018.

Last edited: 7 Apr 2019
    Maverick Goose, theclaud, DP and 2 others like this.
  7. Blue Hills

Blue Hills ^

Sunset Aggro beer.

In the current spoons beer fest - in your local one possibly until tomorrow if you are very lucky.

Brazilian.

5.8 per cent - american IPA type.

By some spooky wonderfulness that can only happen in the best of spoons I ended up at the bar next to a Brazilian and was able to recommend it to him.

8. nickyboy

nickyboy Norven Mankey

For The Purpose of Clarity by Wylam brewery in, Prestatyn of all places. Which shows that good beer is available everywhere if you look hard enough. Excellent

IMG_20190406_193958.jpg

9. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

My local Sainsbury’s had brew dog Elvis Juice at 90p a bottle. It would have been rude not to.

Daddy Pig and deptfordmarmoset like this.
  10. threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty Corn Fed Hick...

Had a booze free March and kicked off beersville with one of the Uk's finest - Hook Norton Old Hooky.

_20190405_174520.JPG

Stopping in a swanky flop house this weekend, tried a Boss beer last night, from Swansea see, nice beer, bang tidy but the price was a bit of a rip, I was tamping!

_20190407_070331.JPG

11. Dave 123

Dave 123 Guru

Daddy Pig likes this.
  12. srw

srw It's a bit more complicated than that...

Has there ever been a less appropriately named beer?

deptfordmarmoset likes this.
  13. MossCommuter

MossCommuter Guru

Now we're talking

IMG_20190407_151614.jpg

14. nickyboy

nickyboy Norven Mankey

I get that you don't like "modern" cloudy, fruit infused beers but why not post about stuff you like instead?

meta lon likes this.
  15. Maverick Goose

Maverick Goose A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place

Broken Dream is one of my favourites:addict:! The Fierce VBM didn't disappoint at all and wears its 12% pretty lightly...another crazy beer from North of The Wall. Cross Borders' 80 Shilling is a much more sessionable 4% ish and a classic Heavy; youse couldnae put a bawhair between it and the Stewart 80 Shilling brewed just up the road in Loanhead.:cheers:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice