Beer?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Chuffy, 4 May 2008.

1. Crackle

Crackle Squatter

So next time we ride there, we'll all have to stop and say, hey I can see the brewery from 'ere.

Maverick Goose and theclaud like this.
  2. nickyboy

nickyboy Norven Mankey

There's an inevitability about these transactions. The big brewers aren't really brewers, they are marketing and distribution companies. The small brewers are great at brewing beer but useless at the marketing and distribution.

One hopes they continue to exist in Huddersfield and not somewhere more difficult for me to cycle to/train home

Maverick Goose likes this.
  3. deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset Full time tea drinker

So, who next?

Meanwhile, I've had a bad case of the flu but I felt so fever-free this afternoon that I managed to cycle over to Deptford, where I had a very good Wander Beyond Rising Embers. It's a great porter.
    IMG_20190329_161906.jpg

4. DP

DP Chasse patate

My post from Dec 2018.

5. DP

DP Chasse patate

BBNo?

6. deptfordmarmoset

I don't know how big Magic Rock are but Fourpure were pretty big when Lion came along on the prowl. I suspect that there's a point where independents hit too many obstacles to expansion. BBNo is nowhere near the scale of 4pure and I'd have thought they could easily take the next step up using crowdfunding.

MossCommuter and DP like this.
  7. deptfordmarmoset

The next stage of my beer rehabilitation involved a ride to Greenwich followed by a stop off at the Dog and Bell, where i chanced upon a Kent Brewery Old Jamaica stout. Hints of ginger and toffee but a little disappointing.
    IMG_20190330_152949.jpg

8. DP

DP Chasse patate

What the big brewers are really good at is cost cutting. Carlos Brito has built his entire career on it. No matter how much MR say it won’t happen, quality will suffer and likely craft brewers won’t do collabs with them anymore so they’ll be less innovation.

No more MR for me.

Last edited: 30 Mar 2019
  9. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

And there seems to be enough new kids on the block still willing to fill the innovative void.

This fruity magnificence from a small scale local brewer proves my point. Sundowner.
    The murky mess under that one was also from a local Brewer, Abyss, in my newly crafty shitehole boozer. Lovely stuff.
    20190330_172924.jpg

20190329_184204.jpg

10. srw

srw It's a bit more complicated than that...

Passion fruit, mango and pineapple purée? Why not have a farking Lilt Shandy.

11. MossCommuter

MossCommuter Guru

Do want

12. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Why not you just post the pics and comments of the beers you like, rather than criticising the tastes of others?

13. albal

albal Veteran

Darkstar APA 4.7%. Very much north American flavour. It's alright.

Attached Files:

theclaud, DP and SteveF like this.
  14. theclaud

theclaud It's teeceegawnmaaaad

An Arbor Evening. The Zero is a lovely zingy session ale; the Yakima is a decent nightcap but is suffering in my eyes from comparison with Space Hardware, which I couldn't get my mitts on this evening.

IMG_20190331_214039684.jpg

IMG_20190331_224026331.jpg

15. Maverick Goose

Maverick Goose A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place

For those about to rock, ;)we salute you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice