Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I don't know how big Magic Rock are but Fourpure were pretty big when Lion came along on the prowl. I suspect that there's a point where independents hit too many obstacles to expansion. BBNo is nowhere near the scale of 4pure and I'd have thought they could easily take the next step up using crowdfunding.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The next stage of my beer rehabilitation involved a ride to Greenwich followed by a stop off at the Dog and Bell, where i chanced upon a Kent Brewery Old Jamaica stout. Hints of ginger and toffee but a little disappointing.
IMG_20190330_152949.jpg

U

User169

There's an inevitability about these transactions. The big brewers aren't really brewers, they are marketing and distribution companies. The small brewers are great at brewing beer but useless at the marketing and distribution.

One hopes they continue to exist in Huddersfield and not somewhere more difficult for me to cycle to/train home

What the big brewers are really good at is cost cutting. Carlos Brito has built his entire career on it. No matter how much MR say it won’t happen, quality will suffer and likely craft brewers won’t do collabs with them anymore so they’ll be less innovation.

No more MR for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
What the big brewers are really good at is cost cutting. Carlos Brito has built his entire career on it. No matter how much MR say it won’t happen, quality will suffer and likely craft brewers won’t do collabs with them anymore so they’ll be less innovation.

No more MR for me.
And there seems to be enough new kids on the block still willing to fill the innovative void.

This fruity magnificence from a small scale local brewer proves my point. Sundowner.
The murky mess under that one was also from a local Brewer, Abyss, in my newly crafty shitehole boozer. Lovely stuff.
20190330_172924.jpg

20190329_184204.jpg

And there seems to be enough new kids on the block still willing to fill the innovative void.

This fruity magnificence from a small scale local brewer proves my point. Sundowner.
The murky mess under that one was also from a local Brewer, Abyss, in my newly crafty shitehole boozer. Lovely stuff.
View attachment 459957

View attachment 459959
Do want

albal

Guru
Darkstar APA 4.7%. Very much north American flavour. It's alright.

Attachments

• 15540529039787547891733165204210.jpg
    15540529039787547891733165204210.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 13
Why do brewers keep on trying to make fruited saison beer? They never cease to disappoint.

Last night we had a tap takeover by Partisan from that London; they sent Dee who was lovely and paired cheese to the beers.

The one beer I was looking forward to most was Peach Iced Tea Saison ; nice saison but where's the peach? I asked Dee how happy they were with how the fruit had come through and she rattled on about how it was white peaches, not sweet juicy peaches, and it was brewed in collaboration with Masterchef winner, Tim Anderson, and basically I ought to consider shutting up because, like, y'know Tim Anderson... White peaches. Well I say I don't like the Emperor's new clothes.

Sorry, Dee, I didn't mean to offend but you're no Burning Sky and that bloke off the telly, he knows nothing about beer. Or peaches.

Aaaaannnnnd, relax

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Burning Sky definitely do the best Saisons, that's for sure. Cross Borders' Hedgerow Saison was pretty good though and had a nice floral note from the Honeysuckle (incidentally Mark Tranter from Burning Sky started out at Dark Star). I've also got an 80 Shilling (traditional Scottish dark beer) from Cross Borders which I'm really looking forward to trying...part of my latest haul from Valhalla's Goat in Glasgow. I also have a Fierce Mocha Very Big Moose (12% Porter:crazy::training:) ; I've had VBM before on draft so this should be a stoater!:addict:

Top Bottom