Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Is Tuna and Mustard a thing? We are only just getting used to Tuna and Mayonnaise here in the desolate north. And don't even start about Wasabi
Necessary to drown out the chemical flavour of the drink and give the high that makes you think of Abbott as a credible politician.

srw

Beer? Beer you say?

IMG_20190420_201734743_resize_7.jpg

U

User169

Yeah, yeah... I know where it is >>>>>>>

Well, it could be a beer of sorts. Some of these mixer type drinks were made with malt alcohol and then “gin”, “whisky”, etc flavours added. “Malternatives” - a tax dodge I guess. Not sure if they still do that, but alcopops were made in that way.

srw

With apologies for a cross thread quote, I thought this was interesting.

A good rule of thumb is any beer that is actually advertised is in fact terrible. I have never seen a decent real ale nor a quality belgian beer advertised.

Theakstons is a regular advertiser in the Eye, and I'm sure I've seen Hobgoblin ads. Both are decent, reliable brewers.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
With apologies for a cross thread quote, I thought this was interesting.

Theakstons is a regular advertiser in the Eye, and I'm sure I've seen Hobgoblin ads. Both are decent, reliable brewers.

Maybe advertising in the Eye qualifies as a political stance rather than mere advertising - hence OK. Principle certainly applies for TV or side of bus adds I reckon

Top Bottom