Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Torrside Brewery in New Mills seems to be going from strength to strength.

I am Spartacus American IPA.6.8% and packed with bitter, juicy loveliness. All we need is @rich p to visit again and we can make a proper night of it

IMG_20190427_182056.jpg

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Pray tell me, what is a fractional IPA? Do they only sell it in 1/2ves and 1/3rds?
Siren used to do a "Quarter IPA", which, if memory serves, was around 2ish % abv. I remember having some on a roasting hot day in Oxford, and it was extremely refreshing.

So a fractional IPA is one brewed at less than what the brewer feels is the typical strength for the style. Frank?

robinson-bluff_1971637b.jpg

As for me, I was the designated driver today, so I had a couple of bottles of Vanderstreek's "Playground IPA" <0.5% abv

It's an alcohol free IPA, and quite a good one - possibly a little sweet and chemically, but better than Becks Blue, or coca cola.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Barry from Finance hits up Antwerp!

Fruity, hoppy with a good pithy tang. I like Barry
IMG_20190428_160408.jpg

And this is a #W.OOOOOO.DDD. CW and Against the Grain collaboration it's a smoked brown. Nice maltiness and pleasant but I didn't buy any to take home.
IMG_20190428_160408.jpg
IMG_20190428_163110.jpg
Right, incompetent editing but I have better things to do than editing right now

Last edited:

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Night away from the kiddies means its beer o clock for me...

First up a Cloudwater Dipa followed by a pint of simcoe single hop. Creamy and rather underwhelming although OK, but then again I've just drunk the DIPA which may have crushed all taste buds.

IMG_20190429_190144.jpg

Looking forward to a tempest red eye later and possibly the chocolate fudge stout.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Kozel pils from the Czech republic
20190429_202427.jpg

Edit: had a postmeister doppel bock after. Strong flavour. Lowenbrau on tap. One of the only pubs open in town on a Monday and an excellent italian bartender.

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
First up a Cloudwater Dipa followed by a pint of simcoe single hop. Creamy and rather underwhelming although OK, but then again I've just drunk the DIPA which may have crushed all taste buds.

View attachment 464485

Looking forward to a tempest red eye later and possibly the chocolate fudge stout.
Hmm, Cloudwater Dipa, you say? This is a Likeable Orange Liquid, a highly hoppy flavour bomb concocted with the Other Half. This may take me some time.....
IMG_20190429_204427.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom