Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
IMG_20200328_170225.jpg

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Tim Taylor at £2 a pint from the local pub selling its stock off. BYO container ^_^

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
This one's Broken Dream on steroids! Tipple tentatively.
IMG_20200429_205850466.jpg

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Go Westmalle young man!:okay::cheers: I've just finished off the last of my stash, so I'm currently beerless till tomorrow. However, the Nightmare On Brett from Crooked Stave in Denver (whisky barrel aged sour, 9.666%) was very drinkable, with a pleasant smokiness from the whisky underlying the tartness. Crooked Stave have a cult following and I can see why.The staff at Brewdog Kelvingrove looked visibly impressed when I picked it out of the bottle fridge...pure stoatin' big man! Then (not the same evening🤪) there was a cider apple Saison from the Kernel Brewery, who always do some cracking stuff. If you like this style of beer then snap this one up-it has tart sweet notes from the apples and Saisons are a clean refreshing quaff. Plus at 4.9% ABV you won't end up snorting a line of marching ants or trying to ride a quad bike up a tree or anything like that. This one came from The Bon Vivant's Companion in Thistle Street, Edinburgh, who are definitely well worth a visit if you're going for a stravaig round the New Town.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
A couple of recent quaffings:cheers::
Double-Double by Siren- DDH Coffee Pale 6%.I've never been quite sure about coffee pales; this one makes me feel a bit more convinced. Siren always do interesting beers anyway...cheers!
Sleeping Lemons Export by Wild Beer Company- Gose 6%. When life leaves you lemons, remember that's just the way it gose sometimes. Tart and slightly salty;another brewery who always do interesting , off the wall beers. I'm working my way through their Mixed Sours case at the moment and it's looking pretty good so far.
Inspired by one of my favourite choons, I've decided to drink at least 500 different beers between now and May 1st 2021...looking good so far!🥳 This month's Beer 52 box is all about Virginia and I thoroughly enjoyed Port City's Robust Porter (7.2%). Very robust and quaffable:addict:. Harvisetoun Ola Dubh Special Reserve is still my benchmark dark beer though. I'm looking forward to trying Windswept's Wolf of Glen Moray, as I've been impressed by all their offerings so far (the Guildford Arms opposite Edinburgh Waverley station usually has a few on tap).

Top Bottom