Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Just finishing a Shepherd Neame Double Stout, £1.49 courtesy of Lidl. Very tasty, not unlike Guinness West Indies Porter, which I'm also fond of.... Could only get one bottle of my regular Bank's Amber session beer, so I started to scour the shelves for something acceptable. I'm essentially a real ale drinker, so fizzy lager was out of the question. I spotted the Shep's Stout, Shep's IPA, and St Austell Proper Job, which is "real" as it's bottle conditioned. I've already got a couple of PJ's in stock though, so I settled for the Shep's Stouts and IPA's. Top marks to the Stout, IPA next......

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I only bought these because the name made me laugh ...
IMG_20200506_202200498.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I got a big delivery today. In the grocery delivery was a case of mixed BrewDogs and a case of Peroni. I also had a delivery of mixed Tiny Rebel beers - a first for me; ordered direct from the brewery at a decent price with quick delivery. First one tonight, most pleasant.

View attachment 520431
Tiny Rebel are fine brewers. I don't generally like red ales but Cwtch is a rather good exception.

albal

Guru
Just finishing a Shepherd Neame Double Stout, £1.49 courtesy of Lidl. Very tasty, not unlike Guinness West Indies Porter, which I'm also fond of.... Could only get one bottle of my regular Bank's Amber session beer, so I started to scour the shelves for something acceptable. I'm essentially a real ale drinker, so fizzy lager was out of the question. I spotted the Shep's Stout, Shep's IPA, and St Austell Proper Job, which is "real" as it's bottle conditioned. I've already got a couple of PJ's in stock though, so I settled for the Shep's Stouts and IPA's. Top marks to the Stout, IPA next......
Yes , this from 71 Brewing. Brewing exclusively for lidl it says. 5.2%. Pretty good value at 1.79. Plenty of ales on offer there.
IMG_20200507_1131279.jpg

figbat

Slippery scientist
This is most excellent.

A116BC07-0CD0-48D5-8C0B-3E070E996C44.jpeg

figbat

Slippery scientist

Tenkaykev

Guru
If anything the 440ml looks a tad wider than the 500ml.
I suppose it could always refer to the amount in the can as opposed to the volume of the can.
A bit like Toblerone keeping the same size packaging but increasing the gap between each triangle if you see what I mean.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Keep calm and drink on!:okay:
Lost & Grounded Running With Sceptres-India Pale Lager 5.2%. A hoppier lager, or an IPA with lager malts? Good either way and worth checking out.
North x Stillwater Kveik IPA 7%-Join the Kveik Squad and Kveik out in a moonage daydream;).Brewed with Kveik yeast so kind of a cross between a Belgian Blonde and a West Coast IPA. North always do good beers IMO and nice artwork on their cans too.
Wild Beer Company Modus Operandi 7%-A long time favourite of mine and the first WBC beer I ever tried. Like a cross between a Belgian Lambic and a traditional English dark beer.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Keep calm and drink on!:okay:
Lost & Grounded Running With Sceptres-India Pale Lager 5.2%. A hoppier lager, or an IPA with lager malts? Good either way and worth checking out.
North x Stillwater Kveik IPA 7%-Join the Kveik Squad and Kveik out in a moonage daydream;).Brewed with Kveik yeast so kind of a cross between a Belgian Blonde and a West Coast IPA. North always do good beers IMO and nice artwork on their cans too.
Wild Beer Company Modus Operandi 7%-A long time favourite of mine and the first WBC beer I ever tried. Like a cross between a Belgian Lambic and a traditional English dark beer.
Some excellent beers there! I've had a few very good Wild Beer beers but they were all keg (remember that?), I've not tried their cans.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
I've tried several, including Bibble (session pale), which seems to be finding its way into the supermarkets. It's been a while since I bought any beer from a supermarket-I get a monthly delivery from Beer 52 and I've been ordering direct from the breweries otherwise. I'd much rather they got my money right now than the supermarkets. Some more beer from my Wild Beer Mixed Sours Box:
Dr Todd-One of my all time favourites; basically all the flavours of a Hot Toddy (calling @Fnaar !;)) in a beer. Smokiness, ginger, tartness, honey...9.7% which I'm sure is a bit stronger than earlier versions but you hardly notice.
Redwood 5.6% ABV-Practically sessionable ! Barrel and foudre aged with a generous helping of Autumn fruits (sloe ride, take it easy). Yumtus:cheers:.
Breakfast Of Champignons 4.1% ABV-No time for losers 'cause we are the champignons:okay:. The mushrooms add some nice earthy umami undertones along with the Puy Lentils.

Top Bottom