Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Different, but very good.

Sounds interesting, and generally I like Black Sheep's beers.
However, I think a lot of the craft stuff now has stepped over the line from being interesting to being plain weird, with some of the mixtures of flavours. It's like the brewers are trying to get a bit too clever and trying to reinvent the wheel. My rule of thumb is not whether I can stomach one pint of a new untried beer, but whether I would walk back to the bar and order a second pint of the same again.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It's one of my favourite beers, I used to have a BD night by starting on Punk, move onto Jackhammer, then finish off with Mr President.
I think I'm a little prejudiced against Brewdog, thinking that they've been overhyped. I've got this ''good, but not that good'' feeling about them. Plus, I think I'd have to go to one of their own bars to get cask or keg because these don't seem to get distributed anywhere else.

stephec

Legendary Member
I think I'm a little prejudiced against Brewdog, thinking that they've been overhyped. I've got this ''good, but not that good'' feeling about them. Plus, I think I'd have to go to one of their own bars to get cask or keg because these don't seem to get distributed anywhere else.
They are very marketing heavy and seem to spout a lot of bull, and that stopped me trying them for a while, but JH and Mr Pres are two of my favourite beers.

Do do you not drink bottles and cans at home? They're in most supermarkets.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
They are very marketing heavy and seem to spout a lot of bull, and that stopped me trying them for a while, but JH and Mr Pres are two of my favourite beers.

Do do you not drink bottles and cans at home? They're in most supermarkets.
I've only tried the cans. I'll give them another go though and let the taste buds decide. After all, it's pretty much all cans and bottles at the moment.

stephec

Legendary Member
That's unusual, I rarely find that the can is better than 2nd best.
Now you mention it, it was about three years ago so I'll have been drinking it out of bottles then.

Another thing about them, according to a lot of posts on their Facebook page, is that the customer service is p poor, and I'd have to agree as they've never replied to two of my emails.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ha ha no that's the time of day. It's when I'm officially finishing work although in Export Sales you get calls at all times.

I've been drinking the IPA, the golden bitter and the summer ale from my local co-op, which at £1.60 a bottle is good enough.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
My beer journey continues:cheers: and I've got some more from Stewart Brewing (Edinburgh) and Vault City (Dundee) to look forward to . Vault City are developing a cult following; let's see if it's deserved!
Wild Beer Smoke 'n' Barrels-Barrel aged smoked orange gose 4%. Fantastic...so many layers of flavour. Having tried the original, I was really looking forward to trying this and I wasn't disappointed. Not a beer style for everyone, but definitely worth a go if you do.
Wylam x Mikkeller Geordie Beer Geek-Coffee Oatmeal Stout 7.5%. Another one I was eagerly anticipating and it turned out to be a cracker...a full on geekout. Wylam's taproom is at the top of my list of watering holes to visit!
Stewart Brewing Small Giant American Pale Ale 4.5%-Small in size, big in flavour. This could definitely be a go to session beer; very accessible and smashable.
Cheers and take care!:okay:

SteveF

6% of Raspberry sherbet....

Top Bottom