Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
First beer outing since before lockdown. Left Handed Giant in Bristol. A good sour to kick things off

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
Doomandgloombar please:wahhey:

stephec

Legendary Member
I've only had that in cans and it wasn't quite a match for Jackhammer.

On their website there's two versions of it, a 5% and one that's around 6.8, I've only had the stronger one.
A closer inspection in Tesco has revealed that they're not the same, Hazy Jane is 5%, whilst OG Hazy in a virtually identical looking can is 7.2%

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Proper Job. Class in a bottle and “live” beer too.

PJ is one of my all-time favourites. I routinely ignore the shelves full of Tribute, and go straight for the vastly superior Proper Job. Lidl's have started stocking it now. I've also sunk plenty of Skinner's beer during the time I've spent down in Cornwall, especially in a pub a stone's throw from the brewery.
Talking of Lidl, dark beer lovers, might be interested to know they've got the truly excellent Shep's Double Stout on again. I've got 8 extra bottles in my kitchen and no room left in the fridge! The only way they could improve on the Double Stout would be to bottle condition it.

stephec

Legendary Member
Lidl are at it again with their selling of different beers, I've just picked up a couple each of these, all around £1.49 to £1.79.

A full sampling report will follow in due course.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
View attachment 541111
Another from lidl. Boosting Scotland's craft beer market. Have to take on board the ferry, as the shop only sells Tuborg.:laugh:
I had that one last week. Not bad.
Talking of Danish breweries, I just learned that the excellent Broaden and Build are shutting. I don't know what the Danes did in terms of furloughing or other kinds of support but it clearly wasn't enough for them.

Top Bottom