Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
A pair of dark Northern Monks for me tonight.

I've had the porter before and know it's a good one, but the Death Star is a new one and it's top class. It doesn't taste like 12%, if I was asked to guess I'd have said about nine, and the aroma from the glass when you go to drink it is absolutely lovely.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
My first ever cask Verdant. In fact, probably my first cask of the year! A Vocation/Verdant collaboration called Fruit Bat Ninja. Dank and spicy, definite taste of weed.

stephec

Legendary Member
Has anyone ever used lowcostbeer.com?

If you're not aware of them they sell stuff cheap that's close to it's best before date, I've finally decided to give them a go and ordered these on Sunday, and I was pleasantly surprised when they arrived this morning.

stephec

Legendary Member
Standard tropical flavours, and it hides the 9.2% very well as it goes down far too easily, definitely one that I'll be searching for again.

IMG_20220424_212011.jpg

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Finally managed to visit The Strawberry Thief in Bristol this evening, great little bar selling a range of Belgian beers.

IMG_20220429_181540.jpg

IMG_20220429_181404.jpg

IMG_20220429_181312.jpg

I enjoyed the De La Senne Taras Boulba a very nice beer with a bitter aftertaste.

As I was cycling I only had the one, but I can envisage a journey into town on the bus in the very near future... :okay:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Finally managed to visit The Strawberry Thief in Bristol this evening, great little bar selling a range of Belgian beers.

View attachment 642372

View attachment 642373

View attachment 642374

I enjoyed the De La Senne Taras Boulba a very nice beer with a bitter aftertaste.

As I was cycling I only had the one, but I can envisage a journey into town on the bus in the very near future... :okay:

Bristol is one of my favourite go to place for beers - I'll have to visit when I next go there. I've yet to visit the Wild Beer taproom too.

Meanwhile, something out of Polly's kettle...
IMG_20220429_204314970.jpg

bitsandbobs

Über Member

View attachment 642372

View attachment 642373

View attachment 642374

I think I might have a bottle or 2 of the De Cam that they want 64 spuds for. Will check the cellar.

45 for deus is a total ripoff though. less than 20 eur in the bottleshop around the corner!

Top Bottom