Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brava210

Über Member
Lovely....

dog piss.jpg

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Anyone here tried this marriage between Laphroaig and Innis & Gunn? It's very, very nice.

Unfortunately, it's £6 a bottle!

20220522_184737.jpg

From the website:
"'Islay Whisky Cask' is an intense and distinctive beer, in part due to its three-month maturation in rare Laphroaig single malt whisky Quarter Casks. During this time, the beer has extracted complex flavours from deep within these special casks, giving the beer an unmistakeable character.
This beer has the hallmark Laphroaig aromas of peat smoke and brine, coupled with vanilla, coconut and floral notes. These, combined with the rich, warming, malty, sweet flavours of the beer, create an utterly unforgettable taste experience that is intense but superbly balanced with an unexpected freshness.

Each bottle of ‘Islay Whisky Cask’ is presented in a striking gift box, this year created by contemporary landscape artist Ellis O’Connor. Her work beautifully illustrates the merging of sea with air and the ever-changing light, elements that characterise an impression of the beer’s namesake, Islay, providing the perfect starting point for the experience that this exceptional brew offers."

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Anyone here tried this marriage between Laphroaig and Innis & Gunn? It's very, very nice.

Unfortunately, it's £6 a bottle!

View attachment 646473
From the website:
"'Islay Whisky Cask' is an intense and distinctive beer, in part due to its three-month maturation in rare Laphroaig single malt whisky Quarter Casks. During this time, the beer has extracted complex flavours from deep within these special casks, giving the beer an unmistakeable character.
This beer has the hallmark Laphroaig aromas of peat smoke and brine, coupled with vanilla, coconut and floral notes. These, combined with the rich, warming, malty, sweet flavours of the beer, create an utterly unforgettable taste experience that is intense but superbly balanced with an unexpected freshness.

Each bottle of ‘Islay Whisky Cask’ is presented in a striking gift box, this year created by contemporary landscape artist Ellis O’Connor. Her work beautifully illustrates the merging of sea with air and the ever-changing light, elements that characterise an impression of the beer’s namesake, Islay, providing the perfect starting point for the experience that this exceptional brew offers."

Quite by chance, I noticed that Aldi have a different whisky infusion at £1.49 a bottle. Not Laphroaig, certainly, and not a red beer but I'll keep my eyes open for one of these when I next pass. (Might not be available in Scotland - different licensing laws seem to have led to Lidl at least doing different beer offers - so it might be the same with Aldi.)
https://groceries.aldi.co.uk/en-GB/...-malt-whisky-cask-matured-330ml/5010327658544

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Croatian beer in Belgium. This one was a bit underwhelming. I've had better brews from Nova Runda.

IMG_20220601_194059.jpg

Top Bottom