Beer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Beavertown Neck Oil IPA...
Delicious... 🍺👍

The Hive, Aberaeron, Wales

IMG_20220823_122128.jpg

stephec

Legendary Member
Beavertown Neck Oil IPA...
Delicious... 🍺👍

The Hive, Aberaeron, Wales

View attachment 658481

Lovely stuff that is see. 😊

stephec

Legendary Member
I usually go over to Germany for work at least once a year, but for obvious reasons not since 2019, so earlier whilst in Aldi I decided to take a punt on these at £3.25 for four (sorry for lowering the tone).

It does genuinely taste like a German beer and I could almost be sat outside a bar in Hannover.

IMG_20220823_212323.jpg

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I discovered reassuringly powerful micro-brewery Hazy IPA when on holiday in British Columbia, and fell in love with it. Does anybody know if something similar is available over here? Thank-you.

stephec

Legendary Member
I discovered reassuringly powerful micro-brewery Hazy IPA when on holiday in British Columbia, and fell in love with it. Does anybody know if something similar is available over here? Thank-you.

By, 'over here,' do you mean the UK, because if you do then there's plenty of choice?

stephec

Legendary Member
Yes, the UK. I'm trying to lay my paws on a decent hazy IPA with about 6-7% ABV. There's lots of it in BC but it seems harder to find in London.

I'm not a fan of the Hazy stuff but if it's bottles and cans that you're after then Morrison's and Tesco both have good choices.

If it's in a pub then, depending on what part of London your in, @deptfordmarmoset might be your man for advice.

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Yes, the UK. I'm trying to lay my paws on a decent hazy IPA with about 6-7% ABV. There's lots of it in BC but it seems harder to find in London.

Walked into a newsagent in Highbury last weekend and the fridges were full of Deya, Verdant, Cloudwater and others. Can't believe you'd have to look too hard in London.

Beer Merchants has a bar in Hackney Wick which does off sales and also has an on-line presence.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It was from SteamWorks Brewery in Burnaby, Vancouver. Flagship Hazy IPA. Here's their website. They give a brief description of the brew if you click on the Flagship Hazy IPA link.

https://steamworks.com/our-beer/
So, Galaxy, Citra, Mosaic. I've not had one but Siren have just done a series revisiting classic West Coast hops. Their Citra-Mosaic version comes in at 6.7% and is modelled after a classic American IPA called Focal Banger. It doesn't have Galaxy hops though.
shop-SIREN-CRAFT-BREW-Time-Hops-citra-mosaic-440ml.png

While looking at Siren I came across this beer. Lower ABV% but it does have Galaxy, Citra and Mosaic, plus Simcoe.

View: https://twitter.com/tomcwillmottt/status/1562810613524414464

stephec

Legendary Member
So, Galaxy, Citra, Mosaic. I've not had one but Siren have just done a series revisiting classic West Coast hops. Their Citra-Mosaic version comes in at 6.7% and is modelled after a classic American IPA called Focal Banger. It doesn't have Galaxy hops though.
View attachment 658664
While looking at Siren I came across this beer. Lower ABV% but it does have Galaxy, Citra and Mosaic, plus Simcoe.

View: https://twitter.com/tomcwillmottt/status/1562810613524414464

I've had a few cans of that Flex from Quality Save, its really good stuff and only about £1.70.

Top Bottom