Before & after photos (non-weightloss edition)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
photo 2.JPG
photo 4.JPG

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Puss in Boots?

gbb

Legendary Member
Don't really have a proper photo of before, but just completing the bathroom refit, its been a long time coming...
The wife kindly started stripping the old tiles the day before I started...
20150403_1820270_zpshxoicxlv.jpg

Lovely I thought...then I turned round....
NOOOOOOO.....
20150403_182006_zpsdzadnmng.jpg

I told you the bolster was in my cupboard...you've used my good chisels :cry:

4 days, new bath, vanity unit, shower curtains, rail and shower head, tiles, paint, light, waste, plumbing, toilet seat (the original toilet is ok)...4 attempts at stopping persistent drips, one chipped tile :angry::cry:, two wall units cut down to reduce the depth (these were high gloss kitchen units, reduced to £40 each..a massive saving on proper bathroom units...they're just the same, only shallower, black sparkly bathroom worktop, new hidden cistern handle assembly, taps and so on and so on...:whistle:...you end up with this (apologies, took this photo with the light on, its affecting the colour )
20150408_213636_zpsjrunfq6j.jpg

20150408_220307_zps8xlwmqew.jpg

Just some new skirting to fit, gloss paint the woodwork and new door and a couple bits and bobs..TBH, i'm sick of it now...but very pleased.

Fence Edition...........................

Before, (but after the winds)
20150412_104818.jpg

During
20150412_110251.jpg

After, (just a lick of paint needed now)
20150412_125412.jpg

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Garden shortly after I moved in (pic 1),then after (pic 2). Done more work since then, expanding flower beds etc. One thing about lots of decking - it gets slippy and needs cleaning/re-staining every couple of years.

Attachments

• garden before.jpg
    garden before.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 38
  • garden after.jpg
    garden after.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 38

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Here's a couple more showing the new patio ready for laying prior to me off on holiday in 2012. I have a mate who does all my DIY as I'm really rubbish at it:tongue:, but I did paint the fence and extension (subsequently, the whole rear of the house)..honest!. Anyway, shot 1 is the mess before going away, shot 2 coming home:okay:. DIY on my house seems to have stalled in the last couple of years due to a lack of cash - no pay rises:sad:. Signed a new contract last year and got my 5% salary cut back from 2008.

Attachments

• 2012 before.jpg
    2012 before.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 2012 after.JPG
    2012 after.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 35
Top Bottom