Befuddling sentences or phrases....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bruce1530

Guru
Some people like to use complicated words for simple things.

I was getting foundations laid for a prefab garage, and had ordered a lorryload of concrete.

Garage supplier had said “make sure you get a 20 Newton Mix, with an 80 Slump"

Concrete was ordered - 20 Newton Mix, with an 80 Slump.

Concrete arrived. It was one of those “dry mix” services, where they bring a lorry with cement, sand, aggregate, and a mixer, and mix it on site. 2 guys - one who was obviously in charge, and one who was running the mixer and pushing the barrows.

I spoke to the boss. “Have you got the spec? 20 Newton Mix, with an 80 Slump”/
“Yep, it’s here on the order. 20 Newton Mix, with an 80 Slump”.

He shouted out the guy at the mixer: “Willie, make it runny..."

Some people like to use complicated words for simple things.

I was getting foundations laid for a prefab garage, and had ordered a lorryload of concrete.

Garage supplier had said “make sure you get a 20 Newton Mix, with an 80 Slump"

Concrete was ordered - 20 Newton Mix, with an 80 Slump.

Concrete arrived. It was one of those “dry mix” services, where they bring a lorry with cement, sand, aggregate, and a mixer, and mix it on site. 2 guys - one who was obviously in charge, and one who was running the mixer and pushing the barrows.

I spoke to the boss. “Have you got the spec? 20 Newton Mix, with an 80 Slump”/
“Yep, it’s here on the order. 20 Newton Mix, with an 80 Slump”.

He shouted out the guy at the mixer: “Willie, make it runny..."

That's kind of like a Tom O'Connor gag, about a navvy laying paving slabs on the footway, that ends up in conversation with a man at the bus stop next to him. The conversation came to be about work, and the man explained that he was an engineer building hi-spec medical equipment that involved him working to accuracies of 1,000th of a millimetre. The navvy says 'That'd be no good for us mate, we've got to be cock on".

Top Bottom