Befuddling sentences or phrases....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Simply put, the steady state shear viscosity at a given shear rate is equal to the dynamic viscosity at the same frequency:
h( \dot \gamma ) = h*(w) when \dot \gamma = w
Thanks....It’s all so much clearer now :okay:

Some people like to use complicated words for simple things.

I was getting foundations laid for a prefab garage, and had ordered a lorryload of concrete.

Garage supplier had said “make sure you get a 20 Newton Mix, with an 80 Slump"

Concrete was ordered - 20 Newton Mix, with an 80 Slump.

Concrete arrived. It was one of those “dry mix” services, where they bring a lorry with cement, sand, aggregate, and a mixer, and mix it on site. 2 guys - one who was obviously in charge, and one who was running the mixer and pushing the barrows.

I spoke to the boss. “Have you got the spec? 20 Newton Mix, with an 80 Slump”/
“Yep, it’s here on the order. 20 Newton Mix, with an 80 Slump”.

He shouted out the guy at the mixer: “Willie, make it runny..."

roley poley

Veteran
if only prof. Stanley Unwin was used more to proof read and correct documents before release ....we miss you stan

ClichéGuevara

Legendary Member
Some people like to use complicated words for simple things.

I was getting foundations laid for a prefab garage, and had ordered a lorryload of concrete.

Garage supplier had said “make sure you get a 20 Newton Mix, with an 80 Slump"

Concrete was ordered - 20 Newton Mix, with an 80 Slump.

Concrete arrived. It was one of those “dry mix” services, where they bring a lorry with cement, sand, aggregate, and a mixer, and mix it on site. 2 guys - one who was obviously in charge, and one who was running the mixer and pushing the barrows.

I spoke to the boss. “Have you got the spec? 20 Newton Mix, with an 80 Slump”/
“Yep, it’s here on the order. 20 Newton Mix, with an 80 Slump”.

He shouted out the guy at the mixer: “Willie, make it runny..."

That's kind of like a Tom O'Connor gag, about a navvy laying paving slabs on the footway, that ends up in conversation with a man at the bus stop next to him. The conversation came to be about work, and the man explained that he was an engineer building hi-spec medical equipment that involved him working to accuracies of 1,000th of a millimetre. The navvy says 'That'd be no good for us mate, we've got to be cock on".

Top Bottom