Being mistaken for someone else,or someone thinking you've done something that you haven't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Like the bloke at Accrington Stanley who insists i was watching them 4 years before i did as he thinks me and him used to go to away matches together. Or the woman who insists that i was once out on a group ride with her and others and i cycled back from Settle (about 25 miles) with a broken leg. Mind you,i don't play that one down much as it's quite heroic i'd say!:whistle: Or the bloke who insists i went to school with him in. Even though i've never been near his school! Or the friend who keeps asking me about my "daughters" when i only have one. No matter how much i insisted at first that it wasn't me or they're wrong,they insisted it,and still do that it was me and they're right. Now i don't bother trying to convince them i just go with the flow.:rolleyes:
Anyone else been mistaken for someone else, or doing something that you know you just did not do?

screenman

Legendary Member
I was once mistaken for Eddie Merkx when out on a ride, the kids who mistook me must have been extremely disappointed.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
One friend swears blind that i wore a little sparkly dress at a party about twenty years ago.
Another swears blind that I wore a full length green and white vintage dress with puffed sleeves at the same party.

Wrong on both counts... it was a flowery frock, but try telling them that they're wrong.

I know it's very hard to believe, but I was mistaken for David Beckham for a very split second.

I was strolling around Hanoi (Vietnam) about 12 years ago when a group of about 6-7 youngish boys, aged about 9-10, said 'Mister, what you name?' I replied 'Dave' and they tried to repeat it, but just couldn't get the pronunciation right. I tried a few more times, but with no luck.

I then said, 'It's short for David, like David Beckham.' Their eyes lit up, only for a massive disappointment to show in their faces a moment later. They muttered something to each other then left, looking less than impressed.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I was once mistaken for Eddie Merkx when out on a ride, the kids who mistook me must have been extremely disappointed.
Similar here! There we were when the tour of Britain came through nearby Whalley. A few of us decided to follow them(well for about 200 yards:heat:). As we climbed the top of the hill some school girls from a nearby "posh"/private school thought we were part of the peloton,even though we were about 2 minutes behind.:rolleyes:. They were shouting and cheering,so i decided to chuck my empty water bottle in their direction for a laugh. They only started fighting and hair pulling,like something out of Saint Trinian's, to get the bottle before the others. If only they knew.:laugh:

Last edited:

jongooligan

Legendary Member
In the 80s mebbe 90s, one Friday afternoon my mate was on his way out of the office at his very respectable but stuffy company when he bumped into the CEO. They wished each other a good weekend and the CEO asked him what he would be getting up to. As it happened we were going to the test match at Headingley. CEO asks him jokingly if he would be wearing fancy dress as if that would be unthinkable for someone at their company. Mate, also jokingly, goes along with it and tells CEO he will be dressed as Mr. Blobby. To this day he can't think why he said it.
Cut to late Saturday afternoon when the Western Terrace is at its most raucous and who invades the pitch in full view of the BBC cameras? Why it's Mr Blobby. Play is stopped while he has a bit of a cavort on the pitch and a brief but intense battle with the stewards. He's frogmarched, unrepentant and to loud cheers out of the ground. Me and my mate (who's sat next to me and is definitely not Mr. Blobby) are enjoying this immensely but once it's over we get back to watching the match and it's soon forgotten.
Until Monday morning when my mate gets into the office to find a handwritten note on his desk telling him to report to the CEO's office immediately to explain himself.

I thought more like captain chaos...
upload_2018-5-16_19-14-29.jpeg

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
[QUOTE 5246166, member: 45"]I was once mistaken for an alien.[/QUOTE]
Any particular one?

Top Bottom