Being mistaken for someone else,or someone thinking you've done something that you haven't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matiz

Guru
I occasionally got mistaken for George Best in the 70s, admittedly it was usually in a darkened nightclub and my broad black country accent usually put them straight.

Serge

Über Member
When I was on honeymoon in the Dominican Republic twenty years ago, the entire hotel staff were convinced I was Toni Kukoc who played in the NBA at the time for the Chicago Bulls.

I was even asked for my (his) autograph on a couple of occasions.

I would've thought the fact that I'm only 5'8" would be a bit of a giveaway. Perhaps they all watched basketball on really small tellys.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
During my college days I had a mop of long black hair, beard and ‘tash. A gaggle of teenage girls descended on me as I exited a pub, asking me for my autograph. Thought I was George Best ffs.
About a decade later I won a Graham Souness lookalike competition in a pub in Richmond (the London one).
I’m sh*t at football though:laugh:

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Car drivers often mistake me for an illegitimate child.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I was once leaving a church and was stopped by a couple of police officers further down the road and asked where I had been. Must have been because I had my hoodie up. Being a good citizen I didn't stop on the first request because I assumed they couldn't possibly have been talking to me. When I replied I had been to church they lost interest pretty quickly! Not the usual criminal reply I guess.

classic33

Leg End Member
Got mistaken for someone else, on what is now the VIPER system.

Very hi-tech setup at the time. Raise the barstool until your eyes were level with a line on the wall, then slowly turn the stool with your feet to give a 360° view.

Top Bottom