Being mistaken for someone else,or someone thinking you've done something that you haven't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldbloke

Guru
During a meeting our notaire kept giving me odd looks & smirking to himself; apparently I resemble/d John Malkovic.

On another occasion I got caught up in a local cycle race & was mistaken for a popular rider, wondered why spectators were cheering & taking my photo

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I was accused on this forum of stealing and selling a bike, because on an advert on another site someone had a similar name and similar location.

Must go - i'm off on a luxury holiday :laugh:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I spent a free drinks night in a Scottish pub and was even invited to run the entertainment for the night, after one of the locals (a friend of mine) told everyone that I was a famous DJ from Swansea Sound, and that I was taking over Chris Evan's slot at Radio 1.

I was getting some funny looks though, from a bunch of blokes, from a Swansea Rugby club - wondering WTF is that ??? :laugh:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
For about a year I was forever being asked why I didn't acknowledge someone while in my car or what I was doing in a certaina area etc. This was when I was 18.

I met my impersonator at car parts shop his dad owned. Looked very similar to me had a P reg Black Opel Manta with black revolution wheels, both beige interior. He had the same problem as I had.

Now the real peculiar thing was that they never made them in black we had both resprayed a white one black. His was better as he had done the door shuts...

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Oh and Rick Astley kept having people come up to him when he first hit the charts and ask him why he changed his name from Andy

pawl

Legendary Member
That was quite abrupt,wasn't it! A thread created for a bit of light hearted discussion and humour, where everyone seemed to be getting on ok then he comes out with something like that...and uses capital letters to emphasise his point. :thumbsdown:

You always get one Accy.

Top Bottom