Being mistaken for someone else,or someone thinking you've done something that you haven't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Came "fully equipped" at one stage.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Many years ago I was pulled aside by customs at Heathrow and told that I resembled the description of a known drug smuggler. I suspect I'd have ended up helping them with their enquiries for rather longer had I not had my airline ID on me at the time.

That was on my return from a holiday in Israel where I'd been frog-arched off the arriving flight at Lod (as it was in those days) by a couple of swarthy guys with Uzis while all the other passengers were instructed to remain seated.

Tin Pot

Guru
Like the bloke at Accrington Stanley who insists i was watching them 4 years before i did as he thinks me and him used to go to away matches together. Or the woman who insists that i was once out on a group ride with her and others and i cycled back from Settle (about 25 miles) with a broken leg. Mind you,i don't play that one down much as it's quite heroic i'd say!:whistle: Or the bloke who insists i went to school with him in. Even though i've never been near his school! Or the friend who keeps asking me about my "daughters" when i only have one. No matter how much i insisted at first that it wasn't me or they're wrong,they insisted it,and still do that it was me and they're right. Now i don't bother trying to convince them i just go with the flow.:rolleyes:
Anyone else been mistaken for someone else, or doing something that you know you just did not do?

ITS CALLED BEING ALIVE, GET OVER IT FFS.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I was waved at by a woman in a restaurant last week. I have no idea who she was. But then we had to sit within 10 metres of each other for the next hour. I was embarrassed for her.

alicat

Legendary Member
ITS CALLED BEING ALIVE, GET OVER IT FFS.

And your point is?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I was once leaving a church and was stopped by a couple of police officers further down the road and asked where I had been. Must have been because I had my hoodie up. Being a good citizen I didn't stop on the first request because I assumed they couldn't possibly have been talking to me. When I replied I had been to church they lost interest pretty quickly! Not the usual criminal reply I guess.

You've reminded me of another

I was doing some hill reps in bad snowy weather as it was the only road open

Coming back down I'm passed by a police car that stops ahead of me and flags me down.

Oh blimey, what have I done? Are they going to suggest I'm being a bit stupid doing reps in the snow? Actually it was pretty stupid

No, apparently on my bike I look just like the policeman's cyclist mate and he just wanted to stop him and laugh at him for cycling in the snow

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I was waved at by a woman in a restaurant last week. I have no idea who she was. But then we had to sit within 10 metres of each other for the next hour. I was embarrassed for her.
I would've had to ask her who she was. "I'm sorry,but my memory is playing up today,where do i know you from"? Putting the emphasis on me being forgetful rather than her possibly making a mistake. Sometimes i find it's best to humour people rather than make them think they're idiots. People drive past me while i'm out on my bike,or stood at my door for example. It's usually a silver car going about 40mph,then a week or so later i might get a "didn't you see me the other day,i pipped at you"?. I just say "yes,i was too late to wave back though". That's ok as they know me and i'll know them,but i have people waving and shouting and i don't have a clue who they are. Like in my opening post i'll get someone stopping me in the street and saying something like "i saw you the other day out on your bike,you were in.....". Knowing that it wasn't me and possibly wondering who they are i just play along with them. You know some can turn nasty if they think they've been made to look like idiots.

Firstly: I'm always blamed for doing something I haven't - I work in IT :addict:

Also: NO!!! I was never in a relationship with that bloody woman! She was shagging a married bloke most of the time I knew her and bragging about it to me! :huh:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I would've had to ask her who she was. "I'm sorry,but my memory is playing up today,where do i know you from"? Putting the emphasis on me being forgetful rather than her possibly making a mistake. Sometimes i find it's best to humour people rather than make them think they're idiots. People drive past me while i'm out on my bike,or stood at my door for example. It's usually a silver car going about 40mph,then a week or so later i might get a "didn't you see me the other day,i pipped at you"?. I just say "yes,i was too late to wave back though". That's ok as they know me and i'll know them,but i have people waving and shouting and i don't have a clue who they are. Like in my opening post i'll get someone stopping me in the street and saying something like "i saw you the other day out on your bike,you were in.....". Knowing that it wasn't me and possibly wondering who they are i just play along with them. You know some can turn nasty if they think they've been made to look like idiots.
I knew I didnt know her. Convincing Jannie I didnt know her was another thing ^_^

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
My wife says I’m a dead ringer for Matt Damon. I married her for her wicked sense of humour.

My Dad looks a bit like Luciano Pavarotti.
45865B18-ADEE-4245-86B9-E4B3DE136809.jpeg

Top Bottom