Being Overtaken by any thing that should be slower that you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
While out yesterday after embarrassing falling off the bike after unclipping with the wrong foot some time later in the ride I am going along at my normal speed about mph And to my amazement a youth about 15-16 had the nerve to pull out in the road ( because pavement was blocked) and Skateboard pass me!!!! Talk about miffed, gobsmacked. OK I'm not young but still I did think I wasn't passed it quite yet!

Last edited:

Freds Dad

Veteran
When I went out on my first ride after getting back into cycling I was puffing and blowing up a slight slope. I was passed by a bloke in his 70's, dressed in tweed on and old steel black bike and he left me in his wake.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
A friend of mine was a keen and fit runner, and duly entered the london marathon. After a pretty good time thus far, and with only a few miles to go he injured his ankle somehow so was limping slowly determined to finish come what may. In the last mile or so he was overtaken by two guys dressed as a pantomime camel

boydj

Legendary Member
A friend of mine was a keen and fit runner, and duly entered the london marathon. After a pretty good time thus far, and with only a few miles to go he injured his ankle somehow so was limping slowly determined to finish come what may. In the last mile or so he was overtaken by two guys dressed as a pantomime camel

A friend of mine, on his way to a 2:45 in the Glasgow marathon was passed in the closing stages by the Pink Panther in full costume.

There’s a guy in Australia known as ‘shirtless Keith’ he’s a guy that rides a relative BSO. He’s known to all and sundry, turns up wearing board shorts, no shirt, and sensible trainers on flat pedals, then just sticks with the ‘best’ clubbies he encounters. He’s been riding for 26 odd years, always on a total ‘shed’ and constantly causes consternation amongst the faux pros who he mixes with. However, the assertion that he’d be ‘an animal’ on a road bike, hasn’t held up to scrutiny as that’s just not his thing, and on a road bike, he can’t do his ‘thing’ at all.

Top Bottom