Belated hello from Fife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eck

Über Member
Me too, what area? I went to Glenwood from 1981 - 1986.
Ha, Fubar, sadly that makes me much older than you. :headshake:
We were some of the original "new town" inhabitants in the 1950s, we lived in Carleton Avenue, Woodside. My dad was a miner at the now defunct Rothes Colliery.

Fubar

Guru
Ha, Fubar, sadly that makes me much older than you. :headshake:
We were some of the original "new town" inhabitants in the 1950s, we lived in Carleton Avenue, Woodside. My dad was a miner at the now defunct Rothes Colliery.

Fair enough, my folks moved there in 68 (year before I was born), we lived in Minto Crescent, just down from the Glenwood shops - quite enjoyed living there actually as a kid, but wouldn't wish to go back now.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:hello: @Mr_Grieve and :hello: @Dunvid and :welcome: :welcome: to CC ! :wahhey: :wahhey:

You are aware of the Fife contingent gathering around you already - but don't worry (well ... not too much :unsure:) as they're a pretty friendly bunch who like their CAKE :hungry: as much as their cycling :bicycle: ....

@Fubar is developing a serious case of 'hills-no-problem', which is a bit disconcerting for those of 'more mature years' but he's organising his cycling holiday and offering to take CC Ecosse with him, which shows that even skinny wee boys can grow into pretty decent (older) men ... :giggle:

I look forward to meeting you both :becool:, riding with you :bicycle: and having CAKE :hungry: as well. :hyper:

Fubar

Guru
:hello: @Mr_Grieve and :hello: @Dunvid and :welcome: :welcome: to CC ! :wahhey: :wahhey:

You are aware of the Fife contingent gathering around you already - but don't worry (well ... not too much :unsure:) as they're a pretty friendly bunch who like their CAKE :hungry: as much as their cycling :bicycle: ....

@Fubar is developing a serious case of 'hills-no-problem', which is a bit disconcerting for those of 'more mature years' but he's organising his cycling holiday and offering to take CC Ecosse with him, which shows that even skinny wee boys can grow into pretty decent (older) men ... :giggle:

I look forward to meeting you both :becool:, riding with you :bicycle: and having CAKE :hungry: as well. :hyper:

"It doesn't get easier, you just go faster..."

OP
OP
Mr_Grieve

Mr_Grieve

Über Member
@Col5632 and @Scoosh - looking forward to meeting you both too as well as slowing everyone down at a future CC Ecosse ride.

@Fubar 's trip looks great but I doubt I'd be allowed out to play :sad:

I'm very good at eating cake and chocolate and steak and pies and drinking beer and wine and malt whisky.........going fast especially up hills, however, is not my forte.

Top Bottom