Belated hello from Fife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
:welcome: to the site from Dunfermline, what part of fife you from?

OP
OP
Mr_Grieve

Mr_Grieve

Über Member
Pat, I've been cycling on my own for the past 6 months so quite fancy a bit of company but perhaps nearer to home and when I'm a bit faster so as to not slow everyone down.

I live in Kirkcaldy but was originally from Leslie hence the picture, which as Fubar has correctly identified, is Falkland Hill.

@Fubar - I suspect we went to school and played football together going by a profile picture seen on a mutual friend's facebook page.

Gavin

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
welcome Gavin, as mentioned above we ride a lot as a group in Scotland. Have a look in informal rides, and join in on chat in the Irn Bru thread in the Cafe section.

we dont do speed, unless its the last mile( or 4) from the stop for sustenance. I got my first bike this time last year on C2W, and started cycling with people from on here in April. havent looked back since, and thats not just because I am usually the one at the back of the ride holding everyone up! I m getting my second bike on C2W in january, have put the link below to offer you an alternative since we have went for the same voucher amount.

http://www.dalescycles.com/2014-cube-peloton-race-compact-p8119

Please dont let knowing Mark put you off joining us. tho you may not recognise him from his similar great weight loss this year. see you in the new year.

OP
OP
Mr_Grieve

Mr_Grieve

Über Member
@Louch thanks. I will definitely come along to one of the rides next year if only to take over as the slow guy at the back. Bike looks great but I'm stuck with the three choices I mentioned above due the voucher being specific to one shop.

Last time I saw Mark he was a lithe young athlete -much like myself to be honest :whistle:. By the sounds of things we both piled on the pounds in the intervening years but we're now both more like our old selves.

Hello @Dunvid - good to see another Fifer here.

Fubar

Guru
welcome Gavin, as mentioned above we ride a lot as a group in Scotland. Have a look in informal rides, and join in on chat in the Irn Bru thread in the Cafe section.

we dont do speed, unless its the last mile( or 4) from the stop for sustenance. I got my first bike this time last year on C2W, and started cycling with people from on here in April. havent looked back since, and thats not just because I am usually the one at the back of the ride holding everyone up! I m getting my second bike on C2W in january, have put the link below to offer you an alternative since we have went for the same voucher amount.

http://www.dalescycles.com/2014-cube-peloton-race-compact-p8119

Please dont let knowing Mark put you off joining us. tho you may not recognise him from his similar great weight loss this year. see you in the new year.

2 lithe young athletes below - those of you not on Facebook have to guess which one is me... ;)
image.jpg

Top Bottom