Belgian Grand Prix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Cock. Just seen the latest news....:tongue:

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
How far up Ferrari's backside are the F1 authorities? They always seem to give them as much help as possible. In the last GP, any other team would have been penalised a damn sight more than Ferrari were after their pit-lane f*ck up when Massa was released into the path of another car. I'd also bet every penny that cheating bastard Schumacher earned that Ferrari wouldn't have been penalised if it had been Raikkonen who had been forced to cut the corner. :tongue::biggrin:!

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Oh for crying out loud. **** happens at Spa, it's normally one of the most entertaining races of the year.

Bit of a confidence boost to Massa, his main challenger crashing out and being given a smaller gap by 6pts. I suppose Lewis should still be happy. He's 19 ahead of Raikkonen now and the later races suit raikkonen and not Massa.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
A truely awful decision, Hamilton immediately gave up the place he gained after cutting the corner so gained no advantage. I was always sceptical about claims of bias towards Ferrari but I have now moved firmly into the conspiracy camp, particularly after the pocket money penalty The Red's recieved after a much more serious incident in the last GP.

I hope Hamilton's appeal has so much media and support the FIA has to give way.

Mr Pig

Chuffy said:
How far up Ferrari's backside are the F1 authorities? :laugh:

Totally. I hate Ferrari, for lots of reasons, one of them being that they think they own F1. If it wasn't for Hamilton I wouldn't watch it at all, it's just a pantomime for the wealthy.

Unfortunately guys like Hamilton are just in it for the money too because I'd love to see him turn around and say he's leaving the sport because of the corruption. Won't happen though.

I think F1 is rotten to the core. The only reason I take any interest in it is the hope that Ferrari get beaten.

To be fair, the stewards are Spa officials, not FIA officials. Every track operates the same way. That's why McLaren can appeal their descision to the FIA, where bias accusations could be made.

Oh and for the conspiricy theorists amongst us, it closes the championship up again.

Desert Orchid

so he tries to overtake when there is not enough room,

if there had been a wall or a gravel trap his race would have been over,

instead he finds himself at speed to overtake once Kimi was just in front,

I think the stewards got it right

Rob S

Desert Orchid said:
so he tries to overtake when there is not enough room,

if there had been a wall or a gravel trap his race would have been over,

instead he finds himself at speed to overtake once Kimi was just in front,

I think the stewards got it right

That isn't the point....or the rule during the race. You are not permitted to gain a position advantage...if you come out of the missed corner ahead of the opponent you have to let him overtake asap and then continue racing.
The fact that he was able to overtake at La Source, the best overtaking chance on the circuit is pure good fortune.

If this penalty is kept then the stewards at the next race, at Monza are going to be working overtime at the first chicane where generally on the first lap half the field overcook it and cut the second half of the chicane and then filter in as best they can.

Rob S said:
If this penalty is kept then the stewards at the next race, at Monza are going to be working overtime at the first chicane where generally on the first lap half the field overcook it and cut the second half of the chicane and then filter in as best they can.

In typical Italian fashion, if there are any "shananigans" in the first corner they do what they've always done - ignore it unless a Ferrari is taken out.

Rob S

Desert Orchid said:
He didn't give up the position asap,

they had crossed the start finish line before he jinked behind and past him

And at Monza when these things regularly happen at the first chicane the driver at fault often yields going round the Curva Grande rather than immediately. I've had a scan of the publicly available version of FIA F1 rules and they don't mention the scenario and the stipulated actions and time limit for them:sad:

Top Bottom