Bell Volt - Opinions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
OK, now on the market for a new lid...ahem......:becool:

Like the look of the Bell Volt.......anyone got one ???

About £100 (ish)......??????

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I like the Giro Atmos/Ionos myself, but I guess it comes down to your taste and how it fits your head.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
From what I've heard the Giros are well dodge with staying on your head with that big rear flair - I dunno if it's true, but I heard they have to duct-tape them on the headform during testing, the strap and roc-loc system isn't enough.

Apparently Spesh helmets are the best from a stds point of view.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

My Pneumo held up in my crash test - TBH it looks fine, just some scuffs on the shell, but hearing it scrape the tarmac.....:becool: - was the most scary thing about getting wiped out...1st time my head has ever gone near the black stuff...

Not many folk stock the good Bell's were I live - fancy the new Bell, as the Sweep R is very recommended, and the Volt has built upon this....

I need cool (i.e. a well vented lid) so it's Sweep R, Volt, Atmos or Ionos, but the Volt has the best colour scheme - matches my older (busted) Pneumo !!

kyuss

Veteran
I'm a fan of Bell. They are the only helmets that fit me comfortably. The Volt looks good but £100 is a bit steep when you can get the equally attractive Sweep R for half that price. Still, if you can spare £100 why not. If it fits, go for it.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Got it....nice, very fast to adjust to your head - literally dial it in. Quick tighten of the straps and 'fitted' in less than a minute.

Cracking looking helmet, more compact than my Pneumo, with added C/F re-inforcements. £99 delivered. I like the Sweep R as well, but seeing as the person who ran me over is 'contributing' I've stumped up the extra.

yello

fossyant said:
Got it....nice, very fast to adjust to your head - literally dial it in. Quick tighten of the straps and 'fitted' in less than a minute.

There's a lot to be said for that. I pfaff around for ages with my Atmos trying to get it right. AND I seem to need to do it every other ride. Right p-in-the-a.

Top Bottom