Bertie - Champ or cheat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
I hope he's not cheating but his performances in the Giro have been superhuman, is everybody else that bad! Every time I have watched a performance like that it's been revealed they were cheating.

Cancellara?

Before the Giro, I was all for calling Bertie a cheat, but his actions and the way he is riding it just aren't that of a guilty man. If you were under such scrutiny and you were cheating, surely you would make it look as if you were trying harder rather than dominate every mountain stage....and to pass up a stage win like that, just doesn't seem like the sort of thing a power hungry cheat would do. Not saying I like him just yet, just that he seems to be very much innocent before proven guilty.

So you won't be legging it up the mountains alongside AC in your steak fancy dress suit, then, Monty! :laugh:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Cancellara is good but he's not superhuman, ie climber, top TT er, GC, etc. And some certain Spanish geezer has even beaten Cancellara on the TT, his speciality. I hope I'm wrong but the all round dominance is suspicious, and I don't think I'm the only one to think that.
that did it for me.

He has no shame and very little guile. He's just going to go on as long as he can, believing that he can stay one step ahead of the authorities.

Noodley

debunkers.jpg

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Still on the cards!

Thats gonna be EPIC

Looks like a lot of the arguments are based on his giro dominance.

I know I've changed my tune by quite some way, but I hate doping scandals and try not to look at the news websites as much as I can, it makes watching the racing much better. So, it kinda annoys me when people create their own conspiracies through just watching someone dominate. Doing this really does ruin it, just watch the sport for what it is at face value.

BJH

Über Member
Don't believe in him and at the only points that I began to question my own judgement (falling apart in Paris Nice, a couple of days in the TdF last year) he goes and fails a test.

So, it's cheat for me.

naffets

cheat or no cheat, it should have been cleared up a long time ago but you have to admit that was one display of sheer dominance this giro! looks like hes ffree to ride the tour.Does that mean if he carrys his form to the tdf that the rest will be riding for second hoping for his positive test???

fozzy

come on, have we really reached the point where anyone who dominates a tour is cheating? must every race be close, is it imposssible for a person to be very good at what they do? or maybe even that the people they are racing against aren't as good as we believe them to be? do some people really think you should be letting other contendors get close to you or not trying your hardest to cement a victory? i don't know if AC is guilty or innocent, i don't really trust the UCI to act in the best interests of the sport [taking donations from competing athletes, even the swiss government is looking at the rules that apply to governing bodies that reside in the country], i think it strange that different labs are used to different standards of testing, it's strange that the national governing body is told to make a decsion on a case then before its' verdict the governing body says they are going to appeal. the whole thing stinks of corruption and personal dislikes getting in the way of justice. i hope he didn't do it, cos i really like the way he races, but this whole situation has fallen into such a farce that i've reached the point where i really don't care anymore. i just hope he rides the tour and has a ding dong battle with the shlecks, the australian and basso [plus a few others]. i'll enjoy it a face value and trust the verdict that is handed down from a proper court of law, which seems the inevitable conclusion to this sorry saga. my apologies, rant over.

Top Bottom