Beryl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I assumed it is about Beryl Burton and after checking HERE, I see it is. Sounds good!

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I was wondering how they were going to do the bike bits but funnily enough I got an email from the Octagon today about the play and the photos kind of explain it. They haven't made any attempt to make her look like Beryl Burton and the set looks a bit sparse but I would think in a small theatre with a good cast it could be very evocative. I was born only a few miles from Morley, where Beryl came from. Her achievements were astounding really, not just for that era either.

DRM

Guru
AD399D52-E37D-4C9A-919D-834471FF09D5.jpeg

Taken in Morley, behind Beryl Burton Gardens, I think they should bring the play to Morley Town Hall.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
We went to see this last night. Absolutely brilliant and utterly bonkers. Tells Beryl Burton's story in a funny, emotional and very entertaining way.

The cast capture the essence of cycling so well that most cyclists will recognise bits of themselves, others or their club. I was in stitches and very moved at the same time.

If you live close enough don't miss the chance to see a great play.

pawl

Legendary Member
I was wondering how they were going to do the bike bits but funnily enough I got an email from the Octagon today about the play and the photos kind of explain it. They haven't made any attempt to make her look like Beryl Burton and the set looks a bit sparse but I would think in a small theatre with a good cast it could be very evocative. I was born only a few miles from Morley, where Beryl came from. Her achievements were astounding really, not just for that era either.

I wonder what she would make of all the modern technology training plans intervals VO2 etc .What she achieved was outstanding.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
We went to see this last night. Absolutely brilliant and utterly bonkers. Tells Beryl Burton's story in a funny, emotional and very entertaining way.

The cast capture the essence of cycling so well that most cyclists will recognise bits of themselves, others or their club. I was in stitches and very moved at the same time.

If you live close enough don't miss the chance to see a great play.

I loved the scene in the East German Police Station when they were trying to get to Leipzig. Great acting!

geocycle

Legendary Member
Saw this last night! Fantastic night at the theatre and great to learn more about Beryl Burton. Best thing I’ve seen for ages and so positive. It is doing a round of northern theatres at the moment. Recommended

Top Bottom