Best all round performance road tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran
Im after a nice light tyre with a subtle ride, £25 each max preferably 25c ill be putting latex tubes in them too, obviosuly i dont want them puncturing every ride but i know with sportier tyres puncteres are more likely
Options are michelin pro4 service course (had them before and loved them but they shred easily)
Continental grand prix
Schwable ultremo zx
Schwable ultremo zlx (160grams a tyre wow)

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Btw if there is a tyre ive missed please let me know (cant afford the gp4000s)

lesley_x

Über Member
I'm running pro4 service course right now and love them. No punctures so far, they've been on for about 6 months or so.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Seems alot have different experiences i split two at the sidewall within 30 mile sent them back to michelin and had no real issues after that for probably a few hundred mile til they were stolen i ran them with latex tubes and loved them but not sure if id risk the breakage again

I really like conti tyres, but I normally use gp4000 or 4 seasons. Some people I know use the ultras and say they are good, but I have nevere used them. I had a set of Rubino pros on a set of wheelsI bought and they did not inspire confidence in the wet. The Michelin pro4s I had seemed to pick up a lot of punctures, but it may have been because I ran them through winter.

davester65

Growing Old is Compulsory...Growing Up is Optional

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Tyres, like saddles, seem to get lots of mixed reviews.

I always liked krylions - then pro 4 service course as they became. Cant ever remember any sidewall issues or any splits or cuts.

vickster

Legendary Member
I've no complaints about the pro 4 endurance, but then I'm not a performance cyclist, just don't like punctures!

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I did like those krylions infact im still using one of them, the other developed a gash somehow they are very fast but not as subtle as the pro4's the new pro 4 endurance is the krylion, i was also looking at the pro4 comp limited which is a very light tyre at 160 grams too, i was thinking maybe leave some lovley light tyres for best and just put them on for the weekend

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I really really really like the conti grandsport race tyres . I have ultremo zx on the road bike at the moment and although they are nice and feel lively I prefer the grandsport race .

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
270g :ohmy: on a serious note yes i prefer the lighter tyres that provide abit more or a plush ride, the hardshells and heavier tyres always seem too sluggish for me ive used gatorskins before and found them quite slippery too think im leaning towards pro4 again in 25c but mainly between service course ans endurance

Top Bottom