Best app/program for bluetooth sensors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I have space in the shed sorted along with an old PC, summer commuter on trainer and youtube playing various videos to help me focus.
Well a friends given me his old bluetooth cadence/speed sensor and I have a heart rate chest strap, so now looking to get a bit better organized. I can attach it to Strava, well the speed dosen't show, but think I have a bluetooth USB somewhere. What's the best route to go? Andoid phone app or get a program for the Windows PC? Which app or program?

Free is always better at this time of year :smile:

OP
OP
The Brewer

The Brewer

Shed Dweller

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
For the PC I'm a fan of TrainerRoad. It'll support Bluetooth and Ant+ sensors, has plenty of varied workouts and training plans and you can play training videos inside the app. It'll also have a stab at estimating power based on your wheel speed and turbo. Downsides are it costs a couple of quid a month subscription and the graphics are functional rather than fancy like Zwift. If you're seriously into the numbers then the analysis side is a bit weak at the moment.

RJKflyer

Regular
You don't say if your trainer can output any power data?

I would add +1 for TrainerRoad being a first class vehicle to actually train professionally. It's not a flat out race like a typical virtual sim - it provides a huge library of workout designed to improve each and every aspect of your ability. But you do really need power data to get the best value from it, although it is getting much smarter at estimating power from trainer type and speed.

As and when you can get access to power data, Golden Cheetah is your analysis friend. And it is free...

cppatrik

Regular
You don't say if your trainer can output any power data?

I would add +1 for TrainerRoad being a first class vehicle to actually train professionally. It's not a flat out race like a typical virtual sim - it provides a huge library of workout designed to improve each and every aspect of your ability. But you do really need power data to get the best value from it, although it is getting much smarter at estimating power from trainer type and speed.

As and when you can get access to power data, Golden Cheetah is your analysis friend. And it is free...
Hi!
If you're cycling both indoors and outdoors (as i am) i would give wahoo fitness a try. Works flawlessly, and has good export features. And it's free. I want to have all workouts in one place and i have found my self liking wahoo fitness. For a trainer app, then that a different story. Look into dcrainmaker's reviev : http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/11/winter-trainer-depth.html most of them have trials so you can then decide which suits you best.

Top Bottom