Best bicycle brand name

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Sorry to be so uncool but I bought my first proper mountain bike, a 1992 Specialized Rockhopper, because I thought the brand sounded so good. I still like their bikes even though the cognoscenti deride them as "the Tesco of bike-makers".

I’ve had a number of Specialized bikes over the years and still own a 2007 S Works Epic MTB. They’re still my favourite brand.

If I were an American, I think I'd rather like the State Bicycle Co. I do rather enjoy their 'Riding Fixed, Up Mountains, With Pros' series on the youtubes. But I'm not, so at the moment it's the quintessential quirky Englishness of Brompton that's doing it for me :smile:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Single speeds are quite popular in the States, now. I took an old 70's ten speed without a derailleur hanger and made my own. It's good fun, especially in the winter. There are many U.S. companies that offer mainly single speeds. I think them a bit heavy and overpriced, myself. There's a lot of style and paint schemes, and very little difference, betwixt their offerings.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Lightning

Top Bottom