Best Bike Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DWiggy

Über Member
Just read a post about a stolen bike and felt so gutted for the guy, knowing if that had happened to me I wouldn't be able to replace it :cry: and got me thinking about getting mine insured.
Can anyone reccomend a good insurance company?

Take out your home insurance with M&S seems to be the popular choice.

Lee_M

Guru
home insurance with specifically named and valued bike

but check the small print, my first call got it with a stated value of £3k but cover for only £350 despite having a very long conversation with them

I'm told M&S have changed insurance provider and as a result they are no longer as good. Their cover does still seem better than others, unfortunately when I enquired they wouldn't cover a ground floor flat. I eventually went with Cycleguard triathlon insurance it says it covers bikes unlocked for tri's, TT's (&other races), Audax and Sportives. Hopefully though I never need to find out if they are any good.

S1mon

just as a note i am with mand s and renewal is due and speaking to them if you do have a bike with value at over 1k they will not insure you at all unless bike is on the policy sepertley .. just incase they havent mentioned this to any one else..
i was getting quote with bikes and with out to see if bikes seperate would work out cheaper when they told me this

Judderz

I have just renewed mine, went with AA Home Insurance, took out combined buildings and contents insurance, added both bikes (Orbea & Ribble), insured them for their respective replacement costs.

Also got free recovery...for £200 for the year.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
protect your bubble are the best imho

old for new for theft
accidental damage and vandalism
get you home cover
public liability insurance

vickster

Legendary Member
If on home cover, remember to check the excess. Make sure you keep the receipt available in case of a claim - and details and cost of any accessories on the bike

Top Bottom