Best biking buy ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

Work stands are excellent. I don't have one...the only real time it benefits me is when I'm fine tuning the gears....but that itself is worthy enough to need one xx(
It's on my 'To Buy' list. :sad:

slow down

My mother-in-law bought me two bike stands when a woman on her close was having a garage sale. Not full blown workstands, but they support the top tube at the right height for cleaning and maintenance, and fold up to next to nothing within seconds.

Bargain at £4 each - even more so when she wouldn't accept the money off me.xx(

stevenb

slow down said:
My mother-in-law bought me two bike stands when a woman on her close was having a garage sale. Not full blown workstands, but they support the top tube at the right height for cleaning and maintenance, and fold up to next to nothing within seconds.

Bargain at £4 each - even more so when she wouldn't accept the money off me.xx(

I'll give you a tenner for both.:sad:

Panter

Just call me Chris...
...sorry, just been spinning my wheels, and feeling the friction underneath in the palm of my hand

With my workstand

(panter, that avatar is extremely distracting)
xx(

I know :sad:

I didn't realise how much I needed a workstand, untill reading your poem.

See, already it's gone to "needed a workstand" instead of just "wanted a workstand."

Now I really need one.

I too dream of feeling that tyre friction on one hand whilst the other cradles a tea cup, or cold beer, or simply swings freely under no burden.
Because, that burden, is being cradled by the workstand. The workstand that I don't have.

Alcdrew

Workstand pah!!

My Dad and his Dad before him managed to maintain a bike without such new fangled things.

So I think I can manage.

But then my maintenance kit include (well is) a changeable screwdriver, a multi purpose spanner (which I think I got with an old Raleigh bike about 10 years ago) a adjustable spanner, a pair of pliers, puncture repair kit and a pump. So who I’m I to say…

GrahamG

Guru
Actually I take that back about the workstand - I can fettle the bike with a cup of tea whilst the stand leaves a hand free for smoking a rollie. xx(

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Mine was this gagdet that screws over presta valves to make them into schraeder style. It's revolutionised my life!!

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

yorkshiregoth said:
What's wrong with just turning the bike upside down on the floor whilst doing the necessary maintanence? :biggrin:

Because up-ending a bike is like picking up a sleeping cat with a broken spine and trying to push it through the cat flap

cyclebum

I have a bike stand, I keep it at the local Halfords and then let them do any adjustments necessary, while I sit at home infront of the computer or telly with my cup of tea or beer or wine in hand leaving the other hand free for the mouse or remote :biggrin:

walker

cyclebum said:
I have a bike stand, I keep it at the local Halfords and then let them do any adjustments necessary, while I sit at home infront of the computer or telly with my cup of tea or beer or wine in hand leaving the other hand free for the mouse or remote :biggrin:

Do they do mobile Mechanics on the road when your 50 miles away from your front door witht the tools in your saddle bag and don't know what to do with them? :biggrin:

slow down

cyclebum said:

You should get a workstand then, to fix it after you get it back off them.

Top Bottom