Best biking buy ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
I'd like one for sure but they're not exactly cheap are they

Mortiroloboy

Patrick Stevens said:
I have a Hayter rotary lawnmower. If I put something heavy on the engine cover, I can hang a bike off the handle and use it as a workstand.

;) How on earth did you first discover...No, what made you ever think that a lawn mower would make a good bike stand?

User259iroloboy said:
;) How on earth did you first discover...No, what made you ever think that a lawn mower would make a good bike stand?

I did some basic topology at school which encouraged me to think in terms of shape and function. Straightforward maths enabled me to do the lever calculation to make sure that it would not topple over.

Apart from that it was fairly bleeding obvious.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Whoooooo I've finally got one - Decathlon have their own make stand for £30 and it's pretty decent - very stable, the bike sits on a rubberised cup for the BB then a strap is passed over the down tube and locked into a quick release ratchet (like on your shoes) and there are front wheel 'stabilisers' as well. The whole unit is well made.

It held my heavy commuter MTB rather well, and for £30 I can't complain...... 20 years without one, I feel as though I've been missing something.....

Happy days.............
They also do a clamp type one (not their own make), but being a saddo, I don't want anything clamping my frame/paint !!!

Top Bottom