Best biking buy ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

yorkshiregoth said:
What's wrong with just turning the bike upside down on the floor whilst doing the necessary maintanence? :blush:

on possible reason is if you've got hope (or possibly others aswell, i don't know) brakes which have been non-factory bled then there may be an air bubble at the top of the reservoir. This isn't ever a problem normally as the level in the reservoir never gets even half low enough for any of the air in the bubble to get into the hose, but if you turn the bike upside down then you've got air in your brakes. Although my mate does it and doesn't seem to have a problem, it must just flukily enough all rise to the top of the reservoir again.

Other reasons you might scratch your handlebars, or damage anything that's attached to them.

jashburnham

HarryB said:
Jash, would I be right in saying you'd swap that Pinarello Prince for a really nice workstand?

You are indeed mr B, but it would have to be halfords best...:blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Depends if you need a folding one, or intend to have it up permanently. Fantastic prices those - 50% reduction great...

Since getting mine, I'm using it all the time for the three bikes, even great for cleaning the frame - allows you to check everything over without crouching - also puts the bike closer to the lights in the garage for a full inspection.....or am I really sad.....;)

My workstand is used permanatly - Gen rests on it all the time.

So good for cleaning and fettling purposes - no need to bend down.

So easy to fettle gears.

Doing a wheels and chain off clean is a doddle.

Fossyant - does your workstand obstruct your shifter cables? Mine run under the BB and it looks like that clamp would grab them?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
its got 4 cable guides in the clamp 2 outside and 2 inside - I try and route the cables on the outside as to stop any scratching of the frame. doesn't affect shifting. the strap goes round all these and has been fine

Joe

Über Member
*joins the club*

I got the basic Park one. Man, it's a solid bit of kit!

Oh and I'd also like to add cable cutters to my best biking buys.

Top Bottom