Best bits of your job.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For me it has to be driving lorries. It appeals to the part of me which is still a small boy.:biggrin:
Either that, or the refreshing lack of bullshit in the industry. I've been driving trucks for ten years now and I can honestly say that I've never had a personal appraisal or had to try and climb the greasy pole in all that time. Oh, and the fact that I can't take work home with me is a bonus, too.
What do you like about your job?

Rhythm Thief said:
the refreshing lack of bullshit in the industry.

I've never had a personal appraisal

had to try and climb teh greasy pole in all that time

the fact that I can't take work home with me is a bonus, too.

i'm so retraining to be a truck driver! :biggrin:

Shrimp_Stu

Working from home in the garden on the wireless......so I can go out for a quick spin at lunchtime on my new Orbea Onix and catch up on jobs around the house ahead of the weekend (already mowed the grass)....

ChrisKH

Guru
Rhythm Thief said:
If you ever hear a lorry driver moaning about what a hard life it is, don't listen to them. It's easy, once you get the hang of it.;)

I've got a mate who always wanted to travel but didn't have much in the way of quals. but was good with people. He drives a car transporter around Europe. Loves it.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
1. Cycling to work
2. Locking up Scrotes, Giving Tickets to Scrotes, Helping the Nice People, Not Being Nice to Scrotes.
3. Cycling Home

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I work with some great people, and stuff I work on goes into space :wacko:
My commute is just over a mile on the bike :biggrin:
We have the sort of office where flying model helicopters at lunchtime and landing them on the filing cabinet is seen as normal behavior.

User3143 said:
Just couldn't see myself still doing it in 30 years and the only way to make a career imo is either owner driving (where you taxed upto the hilt) or becoming a transport managerxx(

I never wanted a career, as such. As long as it pays the bills I'm happy to merely have a job:smile:. Having a career is a sure fire way of getting onto the greasy pole, and it's no time at all before you find yourself sitting on the train on your way home on a Friday night with the table in front of you covered in paper and saying into your mobile "well, I'll get this done over the weekend and we'll talk about it Monday morning". Not for me.

ChrisKH

Guru
Rhythm Thief said:
I never wanted a career, as such. As long as it pays the bills I'm happy to merely have a job:smile:. Having a career is a sure fire way of getting onto the greasy pole, and it's no time at all before you find yourself sitting on the train on your way home on a Friday night with the table in front of you covered in paper and saying into your mobile "well, I'll get this done over the weekend and we'll talk about it Monday morning". Not for me.

Sod that for a game of soldiers.

Top Bottom