• Continental Ultra Sport

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Michelin Dynamic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vittorio Zaffiro

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeymustard

Veteran
You've got an old road bike in the shed that a friend/friend of a friend/complete stranger has offered to buy, only trouble is the tyres are a bit knacked, you don't want to spend mega spuds on a new pair, but you don't want to seem like a cheapskate and put "no name", maybe dangerous rubber on there.
Which tyre would you choose (or not), and why? Any other options for a full set under say, £30?
I've usually put lugano on bikes I'm selling, but mainly because I was getting them wholesale for about £16 a pair. I quite like the ride on ultra sports but not so keen on their ability to deter *unctures

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Do they still do the Michelin Lithium - loved these - rolled very well, and reasonable for the 'p' fairy

bbvelo

Regular
Specialized turbo pro. Puncture resistant but light and very fast rolling. I save them for weekend racing. Very nice 'budget' tyre. Also, conti ultra sports tend to be quite heavy. I have a pair in 28's but they feel plush and nice.

Johnno260

Veteran
I loved my Rubino's but they perished really badly.

I'm really liking the P-Zero at the moment.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can't afford to spend much on my bikes these days so I am always on the look out for bargains.

Do they still do the Michelin Lithium - loved these - rolled very well, and reasonable for the 'p' fairy
LithION - yes - that's what I use these days. I am still using up my stock of Lithion 2s but there is a Lithion 3 available now, which is supposed to be significantly better.

I liked my old Vittoria Rubinos. I got some of them at a bargain price.

For a bike being sold on, take @I like Skol's advice!

Top Bottom