• Continental Ultra Sport

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Michelin Dynamic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vittorio Zaffiro

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Vittoria Rubino
+ 1

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I'd say your best option is look at what the bike originally came with and then fit something similar in price terms.
Tyres I've found like saddles are a personal thing and the buyer will no doubt have his/her own preferences.
My personal thinking is that (unless they've asked for new tyres as part of the deal) the buyer has already made an offer for the bike in its current condition. Why spend more than you need too?

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm a real test of endurance for a road tyre being so heavy and quite powerful (for at least short bursts) and always got on well with the Vittoria Zafiras, or whatever they're called.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Whatever I have hanging up in the garage, I have got a huge store of them as I have my favourite tyres, so whenever I get a bike the existing ones come off straight away. However, one caveat, they must match.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Yet another recommendation for Rubinos from me.

alicat

Legendary Member
Where are you based @mikeymustard? I've got some nearly new Hutchinson Nitro 2 tyres left over from our club jumble that I could let you have for £7 if you are in a convenient location.

OP
OP
mikeymustard
Problem solved - I robbed a decent-looking pair of lithions off another bike. I'd forgotten how tight they are, gods help him if the puncture fairy pays a visit. I've been struggling with a pair of brand new gp5000 tubeless on P20 rims for the past few days [sealing problems] and if anything the michelin were tighter!

OP
OP
mikeymustard
It clearly depends on what rims you are fitting them to - I have managed to get Lithions on and off without using tyre levers and I don't have @Drago-strength hands.
my hands are still hurting from the tubeless efforts so I guess that doesn't help. On the other hand I think I now know every trick in the book, I even resorted to lanacane (which really helped and isn't as messy in the dining room - warm place, see? - as soapy water)!

Top Bottom